Circumcision Effect on Vaginal Friction

What science can tell us about sex.
Forum rules
Post in this section can be seen by guests and search engines.

Choose The Size Category of Husband and Soreness Frequency of Wife After Normal/Regular Sex

Uncircumcised Husband = Above Average Size, Wife Regularly Experiences Soreness
No votes
Uncircumcised Husband = Above Average Size, Wife Does Not Regularly Experience Soreness
5%
Uncircumcised Husband = Average Size, Wife Regularly Experiences Soreness
No votes
Uncircumcised Husband = Average Size, Wife Does Not Regularly Experience Soreness
5%
Uncircumcised Husband = Below Average Size, Wife Regularly Experiences Soreness
No votes
Uncircumcised Husband = Below Average Size, Wife Does Not Regularly Experience Soreness
No votes
Circumcised Husband = Above Average Size, Wife Regularly Experiences Soreness
8%
Circumcised Husband = Above Average Size, Wife Does Not Regularly Experience Soreness
38%
Circumcised Husband = Average Size, Wife Regularly Experiences Soreness
8%
Circumcised Husband = Average Size, Wife Does Not Regularly Experience Soreness
33%
Circumcised Husband = Below Average Size, Wife Regularly Experiences Soreness
No votes
Circumcised Husband = Below Average Size, Wife Does Not Regularly Experience Soreness
3%

Total votes: 39

Mr. Wonderful?
Double
Double

Re: Circumcision Effect on Vaginal Friction

Post by Mr. Wonderful? »

Link+Zelda wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 9:43 am I am circumcised and fall in the "average" range. Except for the first few times we had sex (didn't use lube...), she hasn't experienced regular soreness.

Early in the relationship, we did some internal fingering, and going beyond 3 fingers (or even just at 3 fingers) could cause residual soreness. Now, after years of activity and birthing kids, plus with the addition of the vibrator to really get her going, there's no soreness with four fingers or even four+the thumb at certain times of her cycle. I'm pretty sure she could take close to twice my girth without being sore if she was properly aroused and lubricated. Given that, I do think that length of sexual activity plus whether a child has been birthed vaginally factor into this question.
We have kids, all vaginal births, so I know that is not the issue. I do feel that fingers probably provide a little different type of friction than full PIV intercourse so I don't know that comparing the effect of the girth of fingers and a penis is quite the same thing. From our experience I don't think it is a tightness issue, more just an effect of friction resulting from PIV causing regular mild soreness. Sort of like trying to MB without lube. Too much rubbing with not enough lubrication can cause soreness/tenderness without resulting in any permanent or severe damage.

As I stated prior, I am well above average in both length and girth, but aside from things being a little tight when we were first married, it has never caused any other problems, especially after vaginal births. In addition, my wife has responsive desire and often has trouble becoming fully aroused prior to PIV, even with extensive foreplay, yet will often get highly aroused very quickly after we begin PIV. It may be an issue with her internal lubrication, though lube or CO we use liberally have never seemed to make much of a difference.

While the poll I posted is only a tiny sample size, it is interesting to note that so far, almost 20% of respondents indicate a similar experience with soreness in their marriage. How many wives in that 20% also have responsive desire? I guess that would require another poll to find out.
Will 103
Double
Double

Post by Will 103 »

Girth shouldn’t cause friction if the male has not been circumcised because the penis is sliding within its sheath. And because this is pleasurable for both male and female the uncircumcised are less inclined to feel the need for long-stroke, fast, jackhammer thrusting.
The ‘draggy’ feeling on vaginal walls is more likely a result of the male having had a tight circumcision in childhood. This often results in a larger glans with a flared ridge.
Females who have only had PIV with a penis like this may not be aware of how different their experience is to the gliding sensation of an uncircumcised penis.
But some come to prefer this vaginal friction which so many females in the U.S., Hebrew and Muslim world know.
Irnmyk
On the floor
On the floor

Post by Irnmyk »

I showed this thread to DW, and she had kind of a what the heck, quizzical look on her face. She, if you read other threads where I have mentioned this, when I married her was sized such that her GYN thought it advisable to rod it out (do a vaginal dilation) before our wedding. That, without having ever seen me, who, I find out, just last year when PaulB posted a similar graph (his was in English units) for length and girth, am in the very highest percentile for length. I had never realized that about myself all these years, rather, because I am a grower, not a shower, was the embarrassed guy in the gym locker room. LOL looking back at that now.

I am among the circumcised, but we don't experience anything like asked about by the OP. Especially in light of what I have also mentioned in other threads is our frequency which is virtually daily. And, some days, more than once per day, and on days like the past V-day weekend, even three. I'd say daily, except that the odd illness, travel or crisis will intervene at times. (Hate when that happens...)

And, it's not as if DW is not one to be shy about complaining when something is sore, as this, for here, tends to be her nipples. She lets me know in no uncertain terms when I've worked them over too much.

DW wondered if you might need to have your DW checked for hormonal deficiencies.
Oldbear
Hammock
Hammock

Post by Oldbear »

I’m circumcised and average. Soreness for Mrs. Youngbear/Oldbear is a function of frequency and vigorousness. We also use lube, so friction is not an issues.
GeorgeB
California King
California King

Post by GeorgeB »

I would have answered this much differently before my wife gave birth the first time. I'm circumcised and quite a bit above average in both length and girth (over 100% on first chart, 99.99% length/99.69% girth on second calculator). She experienced soreness with intercourse every single time. It was a pretty tough first three years of our marriage, to be honest. Thankfully, she was already very sex-positive, and we found ways to make it work. Once she gave birth once, everything changed because she was stretched out, and we had no more troubles. These days, we do still need to use lube, but the soreness after sex every time is a thing of the past--praise God.
C.S. Lewis on Sexuality and Heaven: "Neither men nor women will be asked to throw away weapons they have used victoriously. It is the beaten and the fugitives who throw away their swords. The conquerors sheathe theirs and retain them."
Lightbulb
Single
Single

Post by Lightbulb »

This whole thread is confusing to me. I am wondering if I even fully understand the anatomy of the question.

First of all, it seems like with proper lubrication, vaginal friction is a good thing. Maybe an issue if you are having a honeymoon type sex marathon, but not just normal periodic sex. My wife has never complained about being sore from friction. I am circumcised.

A bigger complaint is being sore from the stretching from penetration. It isn’t the movement back and forth but the expansion required to accommodate the penis.

That being said, how would the circumcision impact the friction? I mean I can see how maybe the foreskin would cover a portion of the head and would allow some movement sensation within the penis. But doesn’t the foreskin only cover a small portion of the penis? If I am fully in for PIV, my missing foreskin would be well within the vagina and the most friction would be occurring at the tighter fitting outer vagina rubbing against the base/midpoint of my penis.

Not having had a foreskin for any portion of my life that I can remember, maybe I just don’t understand what was removed.
garyb
Queen bed
Queen bed

Post by garyb »

Although I'm circumcised as well, I've read quite a bit on the process of 'foreskin restoration'. During intercourse (PIV) or even manual sex, the penis glides within the entirety of the foreskin which includes the shaft skin or skin tube. This doesn't require lubrication, at least for the man due to the gliding motion. The foreskin slides back forth over the glans.

Whereas for all those that are circumcised, including myself, depending on how 'tightly' you were cut, there is little to no gliding at all. Therefore, without lubrication, friction is encountered during PIV or manual sex..
--GaryB
🚴‍♂️
Tantalum
King bed
King bed

Post by Tantalum »

I'm not circumcised (and I'm glad that I'm not) and DW never had a problem with soreness.

Return to “The Science of Sex”