Effect of Sugar on Libido

What science can tell us about sex.
Forum rules
Post in this section can be seen by guests and search engines.
AlwaysThankful
Queen bed
Queen bed

Effect of Sugar on Libido

Post by AlwaysThankful »

I try not to eat too much sugar, as I know it causes inflammation in the body, but I was wondering about the direct affect it must have on libido. I found this very interesting article that might be helpful to some here:

Killing Your Sex Drive One Bite at a Time: 5 Surprising Ways Sugar Lowers Libido

https://drhyman.com/blog/2014/08/29/kil ... rs-libido/
GeorgeB
Hammock
Hammock

Re: Effect of Sugar on Libido

Post by GeorgeB »

very interesting...I definitely want to look into this
C.S. Lewis on Sexuality and Heaven: "Neither men nor women will be asked to throw away weapons they have used victoriously. It is the beaten and the fugitives who throw away their swords. The conquerors sheathe theirs and retain them."
newwifenewlife
Under the stars
Under the stars

Post by newwifenewlife »

If this is true, I don’t know whether my wife would be thrilled with the reduced sugar or irritated with an increased drive which is already high. 😂
AlwaysThankful
Queen bed
Queen bed

Post by AlwaysThankful »

newwifenewlife wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 3:02 am If this is true, I don’t know whether my wife would be thrilled with the reduced sugar or irritated with an increased drive which is already high. 😂
:lol:
DoveGrey
Blanket on a secluded beach!
Blanket on a secluded beach!

Post by DoveGrey »

I know that if I've had too much sugar, I don't really want sex. I've been attributing that to feeling like a bloated cow. Apparently decreased libido and bloated cow coexist. 🤣
Myers-Briggs INFJ - The Advocate

"She will do him good and not evil
All the days of her life.
"

~23 years and counting~
KatieMarie
Hammock
Hammock

Post by KatieMarie »

DoveGrey wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 8:59 pm I know that if I've had too much sugar, I don't really want sex. I've been attributing that to feeling like a bloated cow. Apparently decreased libido and bloated cow coexist. 🤣
They must be buddies.
The main purpose of life is to live it with the man I love, and to raise our son or daughter in the love and mercy of the Lord.
Lightbulb
Double
Double

Post by Lightbulb »

newwifenewlife wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 3:02 am If this is true, I don’t know whether my wife would be thrilled with the reduced sugar or irritated with an increased drive which is already high. 😂
Yes, I was going to say, I need to start increasing my sugar intake. Probably need to head to Costco and pick up one of those 25 pound bags.
newwifenewlife
Under the stars
Under the stars

Post by newwifenewlife »

Lightbulb wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 11:38 am
Yes, I was going to say, I need to start increasing my sugar intake. Probably need to head to Costco and pick up one of those 25 pound bags.
Get the Saunders’ Dark Chocolate Sea Salt Caramels when you’re there!
Olorin
On the floor
On the floor

Post by Olorin »

newwifenewlife wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 11:59 am
Lightbulb wrote: Wed Feb 01, 2023 11:38 am
Get the Saunders’ Dark Chocolate Sea Salt Caramels when you’re there!
Those things are great! It takes great discipline to only eat one, or two, or three.....
LovingHimAlways
Fell out of ...
Fell out of ...

Post by LovingHimAlways »

AlwaysThankful wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 4:58 am I try not to eat too much sugar, as I know it causes inflammation in the body, but I was wondering about the direct affect it must have on libido. I found this very interesting article that might be helpful to some here:

Killing Your Sex Drive One Bite at a Time: 5 Surprising Ways Sugar Lowers Libido

https://drhyman.com/blog/2014/08/29/kil ... rs-libido/

Shh, don't say that too loud! Dh will be throwing out all of my chocolate. :lol:

Seriously though, it sounds plausible. I will take a look at the article.

Return to “The Science of Sex”