Seasonal Variations in Sex

Self image, being intentional, sexual awakening, nudity, modesty limits, likes/dislikes, sex language
Forum rules
Post in this section can be seen by guests and search engines.
Paradox
California King
California King

Seasonal Variations in Sex

Post by Paradox »

I have been thinking about how seasonal variations and day length may effect our marriage beds. For instance, our sexual encounters seem to decrease as the weather gets colder. In the summer, we have more foreplay because we don't have to wrestle with all the covers. This seems to account for the fact that we primarily have PIV (missionary position) in the winters. Personally, I feel like it is some struggle to stay awake so many hours after the sun sets, with the perceived feeling of early fatigue, ergo, less energy for sex on winter nights. The impact of the changes is that in the summed
Most conceptions occur in the winter months, but is this because more semen is being deposited in the vagina, or because in the summer we are more likely to put the semen in other locations? (Are we changing our frequency of sex, overall, or are we just putting the semen in the vagina more often during the winter?) What do you think?
SeekingChange

Re: Seasonal Variations in Sex

Post by SeekingChange »

Our frequency doesn't really change. Other activities might. I have noticed a significant difference in how I feel about myself when having to wear warm clothes and being bundled up, versus how it was in the summer/warmer months. And how I am feel about myself definitely effects what I will initiate and feel like doing.
God can change what people do, behavioral patterns that have been in play for decades. He can change what we do to cope, to find comfort, to survive conflict, to count. Rahab had done a same old thing for years... and then she did something new.
Tantalum
Hammock
Hammock

Post by Tantalum »

Yes, the weather has a noticeable effect on our libido.
A hot summer will make us more frisky.
Likewise our marriage bed will go through a bit of hibernation in the winter.
As to fertility, I think the reason for a baby peak in September is that couples have more time during the Christmas period.
newwifenewlife
Under the stars
Under the stars

Post by newwifenewlife »

Currently, I would say the variety and length of our marriage bed activities is reduced in the Winter due to the cold, scheduling, and darkness in our area.
Olorin
Under the stars
Under the stars

Post by Olorin »

Becasue we keep to a regular schedule our frequency of sex-play does not vary as a result of seasonal changes. In the winter we will usually be under more covers, and it takes longer for us to heat up our sex toys and coconut oil, but those are the only major changes.
runningwithdog
Queen bed
Queen bed

Post by runningwithdog »

Frequency doesn’t really change due to the seasons. It did reduce a bit when both kids came back for the holidays but that was related to being so busy. Unlike others, the cold weather actually makes it easier to find good times. My wife doesn’t like being too hot so winter can be more involved.
benny
Fell out of ...
Fell out of ...

Post by benny »

All it really does is affect where we have sex. No outside sex in the winter 😂
DesertDweller
California King
California King

Post by DesertDweller »

benny wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 6:08 am All it really does is affect where we have sex. No outside sex in the winter 😂
We are the same! Out on the picnic table…..or on the floor in front of the fire…. :lol:
Location location location, that’s all that changes!
AlwaysLearning
Double
Double

Post by AlwaysLearning »

I have wondered the same. For me, my desire seems to increase with all changes of weather. Probably highest from winter to spring or summer to fall/winter. The more drastic changes of seasons I guess.

*Side note: I remember my coaches telling us every spring that we should be responsible and not lose our minds just because "the sap is flowing"
Married almost 14 years to an amazing woman. Still learning to "know" her in every way.
morethannot
Queen bed
Queen bed

Post by morethannot »

Our frequency is impacted most by the periods of time when our kids are at home. Otherwise, the weather doesn't impact us so much. We're Canadian - we roll with the cold! :lol:

Return to “Attitudes about Sex”