Special Groups

We have sections you must join to use. You can see the full list here. Most you can join with a click. The medical and pastoral groups require approval.
Note, some groups were not accepting new members properly. That is fixed.

What are reasons/benefits to have sex?

Self image, being intentional, sexual awakening, nudity, modesty limits, likes/dislikes, sex language
Forum rules
Post in this section can be seen by guests and search engines.
newwifenewlife
Under the stars
Under the stars

What are reasons/benefits to have sex?

Post by newwifenewlife »

What are reasons/benefits to have sex with your spouse? How many can you think of & can we come up with?
newwifenewlife
Under the stars
Under the stars

Re: What are reasons/benefits to have sex?

Post by newwifenewlife »

I'm gonna start with comfort and connection.

Sometimes it's a reminder that it may be "us-against-the-world" (or maybe the kids?) or it's an expression of love when it drives us into the arms of the one who loves us and knows us the best.

I know people have talked about it here about how powerful and memorable it was after they'd lost a parent. We had a situation in our house where we'd had some tough discussions with a kid and then retired to debrief and connect. I offered to comfort her like David did with Bathsheba after they lost their first child...DW said "no, ain't happening". The lights are off, we say our good nights and settle in. Next thing I know, DW rolls over and decided it's a good idea. :?: :o She was fired up like she was pre-menopausal. ::pray
Last edited by newwifenewlife on Tue Mar 16, 2021 6:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
SeekingChange

Post by SeekingChange »

*better sleep

*pain relief
God can change what people do, behavioral patterns that have been in play for decades. He can change what we do to cope, to find comfort, to survive conflict, to count. Rahab had done a same old thing for years... and then she did something new.
Oldbear
California King
California King

Post by Oldbear »

God’s intent
Connection
Intimacy
Pure ecstasy
MiddleMan
Double
Double

Post by MiddleMan »

I feel more tender toward her afterward. Even if she is just doing it for me, but it is best when we both O.

I notice that toward the end of a week without I tend to get irritable and have to watch myself. So there is some kind of emotional connection that happens when there is the physical connection.
Hiswifeagain
Queen bed
Queen bed

Post by Hiswifeagain »

I agree with all previous responses and would add that it keeps the pelvic floor in better shape.😉
Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a worker who has no need to be ashamed, rightly handling the word of truth. 2 Timothy 2:15
hastentheday
Queen bed
Queen bed

Post by hastentheday »

newwifenewlife wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 6:42 am What are reasons/benefits to have sex with your spouse? How many can you think of & can we come up with?
Writing only for myself here, when I want to become completely and wholly one with DW, this is what I would choose to do. There is nothing else in the world that gives me this unique experience.
2 Timothy 1:7 "For God has not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind."
Brynna
Hammock
Hammock

Post by Brynna »

The afterglow is a huge reason for me. Another one that I don't feel I have proof for, except what I have read and heard, are the benefits of semen for the wife. I often tell DH that now I can be happy again, for a few days.
mkzv
Double
Double

Post by mkzv »

A celebration of unity
Release
Better sleep
Fascination with how our bodies are created for more than working and eating.
Something to look forward to in a busy life.
I certainly enjoy bringing DW to climax, I mean it, I have real joy seeing her receive pleasure.
Yes, one of the reasons is to have kids, and we love our kids.

I also echo what others said^^
Olorin
California King
California King

Post by Olorin »

Echo what was previously said with an emphasis on feeling of connection and deep intimacy with DW and creating family.

Return to “Attitudes about Sex”