Vibrator not work for anyone?

Multiples, how to make orgasms better and the like. This is not a problems section.
Forum rules
Post in this section can be seen by guests and search engines.
Bunny and Bear
Single
Single

Vibrator not work for anyone?

Post by Bunny and Bear »

I am wondering if there are women out there that have tried a vibrator and it didn’t help you orgasm?

I can orgasm but only in cowgirl position and never on my back. I have come close during OS but can’t quite get there.

We just ordered a bullet vibe to try. I’m hopeful but also having doubts it will work. I would love to O in other positions besides cowgirl.

Anyway, is a vibe a sure thing or does it not work on some women?
PaulB
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Vibrator not work for anyone?

Post by PaulB »

The best way to alter sex is to take little steps. So when you get the vibe, use it for cowgirl. Once that is working for you, try to stop moving once you are getting close, so the vibe finishes you. Once that is easy, try missionary with the vibe. Or switch from cowgirl to missionary halfway through.

Orgasm is reflex, and the vibe gives enough stimulation to make it happen if you go long enough. Learning how to work with it will make it faster and better, so give it time.
Happily married for 39 years and living the good life near two of our grandsons!

Marriage and Sex Educator & Blogger
The Generous HusbandThe XY Code
Olorin
Under the stars
Under the stars

Post by Olorin »

Husband here. My wife's experience is that she could not orgasm from PIV, and once we started trying toys it took us several attempts before we found the toy and position that worked best for her. Her 'go to' position for her to orgams is for her to lay on top of a wand vibrator. I can't begin to count the number of other toys/positions we tried that failed.

Now, she can occasionally orgasm using different toys, though they are always 'external' toys that stimulate her clitoris. She can also occasionally orgasm in other positions than laying on top of a toy, though this does not happen as reliably.
Melgrace7
Queen bed
Queen bed

Post by Melgrace7 »

I haven’t found a vibrator particularly useful in the past. Vibrations internally like a rabbit vibe were really distracting and quickly sensation numbing for me. Used in my clitorus it was fine but had to be lowest setting. It didn’t surpass either piv or hands in terms of success though - however I am able to O from those things so vibe is less important and therefore not something I persevered with tbh.

I haven’t tried the other types like sonic or air/suction so I can’t comment there.
Bunny and Bear
Single
Single

Post by Bunny and Bear »

PaulB wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 12:33 pm
The best way to alter sex is to take little steps. So when you get the vibe, use it for cowgirl. Once that is working for you, try to stop moving once you are getting close, so the vibe finishes you. Once that is easy, try missionary with the vibe. Or switch from cowgirl to missionary halfway through.

Orgasm is reflex, and the vibe gives enough stimulation to make it happen if you go long enough. Learning how to work with it will make it faster and better, so give it time.
Thank you, that’s very interesting and a way I hadn’t considered. So using it with a way that works already will help my body associate the vibrations with orgasm?
Bunny and Bear
Single
Single

Post by Bunny and Bear »

Olorin wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:47 am Husband here. My wife's experience is that she could not orgasm from PIV, and once we started trying toys it took us several attempts before we found the toy and position that worked best for her. Her 'go to' position for her to orgams is for her to lay on top of a wand vibrator. I can't begin to count the number of other toys/positions we tried that failed.

Now, she can occasionally orgasm using different toys, though they are always 'external' toys that stimulate her clitoris. She can also occasionally orgasm in other positions than laying on top of a toy, though this does not happen as reliably.
Thank you for sharing your experience. I think there is something to the laying on top of something, maybe the pressure it creates. I hesitate to spend lots of money on toys when we can succeed without them but we also don’t want to miss out if we could enjoy each other even more :D
Bunny and Bear
Single
Single

Post by Bunny and Bear »

Melgrace7 wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 8:12 am I haven’t found a vibrator particularly useful in the past. Vibrations internally like a rabbit vibe were really distracting and quickly sensation numbing for me. Used in my clitorus it was fine but had to be lowest setting. It didn’t surpass either piv or hands in terms of success though - however I am able to O from those things so vibe is less important and therefore not something I persevered with tbh.

I haven’t tried the other types like sonic or air/suction so I can’t comment there.
My husband has suggested the rabbit type but I really don’t have a need for that. He feels good, I just don’t orgasm in all the positions and I want to. Thanks for sharing your experience. I always see people raving about vibrators but I feel like they can’t be that great for everybody.
DesertDweller
California King
California King

Post by DesertDweller »

Getting the right vibrator isn't just a matter of buying some high dollar critter. It's finding the one that matches what works for her.
First vibe DW got, was a door prize at a lingerie/toy party at a friends house. It was a cheapy variable speed vibrating bullet. We tested it when she got home, and WOW....was it a great one! Well.....it was cheap, and it finally died, so she bought a higher priced one, with the same features and all, but it was a real dud. Numbing more than exciting. It just didn't have enough 'impact' I'd call it, and too high of frequency.

She likes the wand. Some DW's don't. You just have to experiment, and see what works, in my opinion.
SeekingChange

Post by SeekingChange »

Bunny and Bear wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 11:38 am I always see people raving about vibrators but I feel like they can’t be that great for everybody.
They aren't.... but what's it hurt to experiment? One thing that builds intimacy in relationships is having/doing new experiences together. I figure that translates into the bedroom.... even if you find that this or that one doesn't work for you, you two have the opportunity to take hold of a new experience and build intimacy through it. For me, my view on spending money on a toy is no different that choosing to go to dinner, or going to see a movie or other ways we may spend money for dates or entertainment... it's an investment in time and an experience together, even if we only use it once and decide it's not for us.
God can change what people do, behavioral patterns that have been in play for decades. He can change what we do to cope, to find comfort, to survive conflict, to count. Rahab had done a same old thing for years... and then she did something new.
newwifenewlife
Under the stars
Under the stars

Post by newwifenewlife »

SeekingChange wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2024 4:22 pm ... For me, my view on spending money on a toy is no different that choosing to go to dinner, or going to see a movie or other ways we may spend money for dates or entertainment... it's an investment in time and an experience together, even if we only use it once and decide it's not for us.
That's a great way of thinking about it!

Return to “Orgasm & Sex Drive”