Special Groups

We have sections you must join to use. You can see the full list here. Most you can join with a click. The medical and pastoral groups require approval.
Note, some groups were not accepting new members properly. That is fixed.

No interest in sex

Multiples, how to make orgasms better and the like. This is not a problems section.
Forum rules
Post in this section can be seen by guests and search engines.
1979cessna
Cot
Cot

No interest in sex

Post by 1979cessna »

My wife of 47+ years has NO interest in sex of any kind. Seems like it has been like that for ages.... I can't even remember when she has had an orgasm. I've tried cunningness, giving her sensual messages, paying attention to her body, but nothing does anything for her. I take tadalafil daily along with other natural supplements which makes my drive basically a daily need, (but I don't bother her everyday, I try to be very considerate even though I feel very sexually frustrated a good bit of the time). She just says it's broke and leaves it at that and says most women are like that?????
I love her dearly and really believe she feels the same towards me. We do have IC once or twice a week, and I thank her for it, she says its her "duty". I'd like for it to be more than just a duty.
Any suggestions.
David
California King
California King

Re: No interest in sex

Post by David »

Married nearly 50 years, so if you married in your 20's that means you're in your 70s now.
Loss of libido could be a result of menopause. Perhaps your GP can advise?

There is an extent to which libido does reduce with age, and probably most women her age are "like that", but if she has the desire to, then it might be possible to use HRT or other medications to increase her libido.
Irnmyk
California King
California King

Re: No interest in sex

Post by Irnmyk »

Rather than re-type a lot of stuff already said on this site, I'll refer you here:

viewtopic.php?f=37&t=1994

I can only say that since typing that, it has only gotten better. I'm halfway past 70 toward 80 and she'll turn 70 sooner than she'd like.

I will have to say, in retrospect, that the basis of our current situation is a woman who always liked sex in the first place. What the bHRT solved was overcoming the ravages of age and menopause and the "...rectomies" (female plumbing work that did away with an important source of women's hormones). Now she gets to enjoy sex to the fullest extent. And, believe you me, I enjoy her enjoying it.

To make my reply relevant to the OP's question, I came back to edit and add:

During those post menopausal and especially during the period of years between when DW lost her hormone producing body parts and the discovery of bHRT, she wasn't much interested in sex, but would give me my once per week as any good dutiful wife would.

Return to “Orgasm & Sex Drive”