BETTER SLEEP = BETTER SEX

Multiples, how to make orgasms better and the like. This is not a problems section.
Forum rules
Post in this section can be seen by guests and search engines.
bandaddie
King bed
King bed

BETTER SLEEP = BETTER SEX

Post by bandaddie »

I think this is the proper section for this subject, as it can apply to anyone of any age.
My wife suffers from an auto-immune disease. Because of this, she has roamed in and out of mood disorders, changes in sex drive, loss of self-esteem, weight gain.
A couple of months ago, her neurologist suggested a 4 night sleep study.
We discovered she is suffering from severe sleep apnea, Doc told us she is "sleeping" 10 hours per night but only receiving about 30 minutes actual rest.
For the past month, she has slept every night connected to a CPAP machine.
Testing shows she is now getting actual rest of 8 hours for every 9 hours asleep.
Her mood has elevated. She is brighter, alert, happy, and more active. She is shedding extra weight and becoming more active over-all. She is also much more sexual.
The neurologist told us this is not just something for we old guys. She has seen it in high school age patients. It is rather prevalent in young adults, facing the stresses of college, new careers and new marriages.
Talk to your medical provider if you are experiencing symptoms of stress and depression. Maybe a lack of real sleep is deleting your coping mechanisms.
Joni
Single
Single

Re: BETTER SLEEP = BETTER SEX

Post by Joni »

You could not be more correct!! I knew something was wrong with my husband when he would sleep he would get in a strange breathing pattern that scared me. I finally talked him into going to the Dr. Who ordered a sleep study. He had sleep apnea and uses a cpap machine. As he was getting much better rest he noticed I was not breathing right I had a sleep study and was stopping breathing (according to the test severely)! The Dr. was in shock how much more severe mine was than my husbands. My health is so much better now!! We are two different people since finding this out and using the cpap machines. He also has no more headaches!
newwifenewlife
Under the stars
Under the stars

Post by newwifenewlife »

I think better sex = better sleep 😁 but I’m probably due for a sleep study as well. I know breathe strips help me sleep.
DoveGrey
Fell out of ...
Fell out of ...

Post by DoveGrey »

All aspects of our marriage changed after my husband's sleep study. Like @Bandaddie's wife, Dh was told he was getting little to no actual rest each night. His restlessness was affecting my sleep, and I ended up on the couch many nights. I had some of the best rest of my life the night he did his sleep study. Once his CPAP was calibrated, he started feeling so much better and his attitude during the day changed as well. It was a turning point for him. For us. It's been close to ten years now, and it's difficult to imagine what our life was like before.
"She will do him good and not evil
All the days of her life.
"

~23 years and counting~
alexschulze
Queen bed
Queen bed

Post by alexschulze »

SLEEP

IT is a myth that men are the ones who fall asleep after sex – because dopamine, the hormone released after orgasm, actually makes both sexes sleepy.

Dr Jeff said: “It’s not the sexual activity that makes you tired – it’s the hormone that makes you ­suddenly feel very relaxed. It really does improve sleep in everyone.”

https://www.the-sun.com/health/5946547/ ... sing-pain/
Tantalum
King bed
King bed

Post by Tantalum »

Actually, I wouldn’t say that I necessarily get a better night’s sleep if we have sex. Quite often afterwards I wake up in the middle of the night with a raging erection and I need a pee.
Apparently the increased blood flow in the associated areas can stimulate the surrounding organs too.
Not complaining - just an observation! :D
jacklweidman
Queen bed
Queen bed

Post by jacklweidman »

Tantalum wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 5:49 am Actually, I wouldn’t say that I necessarily get a better night’s sleep if we have sex. Quite often afterwards I wake up in the middle of the night with a raging erection and I need a pee.
Apparently the increased blood flow in the associated areas can stimulate the surrounding organs too.
Not complaining - just an observation! :D
I agree. I know after sex, I may still be awake still hard while wife has gone to sleep. I too wake up with a raging hard on. So, do I get more sleep or better sleep? I'd say no. I'm not complaining either😂😂😂😂

Return to “Orgasm & Sex Drive”