04/02/2024 - Would you have more sex if....?

A fun way to get to know each other and explore various topics
Forum rules
Post in this section can be seen by guests and search engines.

FIRST POST IN THREAD

SeekingChange

04/02/2024 - Would you have more sex if....?

Post by SeekingChange »

I saw "The Marriage Bed" post this question out there on social media....

Would you have more sex if all your electronics stopped working from 7 PM to 7 AM each day?
God can change what people do, behavioral patterns that have been in play for decades. He can change what we do to cope, to find comfort, to survive conflict, to count. Rahab had done a same old thing for years... and then she did something new.

END FIRST POST

LovingHimAlways
Under the stars
Under the stars

Re: 04/02/2024 - Would you have more sex if....?

Post by LovingHimAlways »

It's possible. I'm not sure. Right now, other things hamper our MB more than electronics.
joespeed
Single
Single

Post by joespeed »

electronics have little impart on our lives ( well, electricity does) but not phone or TV.
We both rather read a book than watch tv...or spend time in other activities.. :D
DesertDweller
California King
California King

Post by DesertDweller »

Nope! We have no problem parking our phones where we ain’t! :lol:
And most of what’s on TV these days, is ###!
And, any email we get, will still be there when we get around to it!
MiddleMan
Hammock
Hammock

Post by MiddleMan »

Not for us. We do watch some TV, mostly old TV shows on free streaming channels, but it's not every night. It was probably the most trouble after we'd been married a few years and we'd watch TV all evening, then the news, then after the depressing news we weren't in the mood. So we stopped that.

DW is certainly on her phone more than I am, but not to the point that it's a hindrance to our relationship.

I guess one advantage of scheduled sex is that electronics don't affect the overall plan. Though lack of electricity would effect the Magic Wand. :lol:
Paradox
Hammock
Hammock

Post by Paradox »

We don't spend our evening time on phones, and never in the bedroom.
Olorin
Under the stars
Under the stars

Post by Olorin »

No. We usually have our sex play in the morning before we start using our phones, etc.

We even manage to engage in sex play during the day if our schedules permit. Electronics never get in the way.
fearlesslunk
Single
Single

Post by fearlesslunk »

Probably yes. It would mean our screen-addicted kids would go to bed earlier. And we’d probably go to bed earlier. I could see that resulting in more sex, for sure.
RandB
Queen bed
Queen bed

Post by RandB »

We're retired and since most all of our twice a week sex is either in the afternoon or morning, an evening curfew wouldn't make much difference at all. We're usually worn our and asleep before 10 PM. A complete divorce from social media for a few days might...and maybe just so...make a difference. At night, my phone plays Spa from Sirius XM for 30 minutes to put us to sleep.
Plumpurple
California King
California King

Post by Plumpurple »

I don't think it would make a difference for us. We aren't addicted to our electronics so much, but we both use electronics for our down time/relaxation time. I read blogs/forums like this, watch videos, read parenting and theology books, some fiction, etc. Sometimes I watch shows on tv that we both enjoy. My husband does videogames, reads, plays guitar (follows lessons on his computer with a program that connects to his electric guitar), or does research on whatever suits his interests at the time. We usually cuddle in the evenings on a loveseat sized couch while we both do our own thing. If we didnt use electronics for those things we would still likely be reading books or playing our instruments.

He has a lower drive and I am unwilling to initiate as often as I desire sex because of our difference desire levels, but overall it takes both of us being intentional to keep sex on our minds to keep it a regular part of our relationship. We both have spontaneous desire at times, but not on a weekly basis and coinciding with a time that is suitable to act on it.
Liverrr
Double
Double

Post by Liverrr »

Think possibly but probs not. Even if no electronic devices, he usually retreats to his man cave to read his nightly devotion, followed by what book he is currently reading. I get in our bed w/ our doodle pooche and read my book. Occasionally I will bring glass of wine into his man cave, sit down and chat .... but that isn't a speed track to intimate playing ( bet he wishes it was).

Return to “Question of the Day”