04/03/2024 - Physical and Emotional vocalizations in bed?

A fun way to get to know each other and explore various topics
Forum rules
Post in this section can be seen by guests and search engines.

FIRST POST IN THREAD

SLS
Hammock
Hammock

04/03/2024 - Physical and Emotional vocalizations in bed?

Post by SLS »

Definitions:

Physical vocalizations: An audible response to one's own physical pleasure (ex. A wife moaning in response to her husband's physical stimulation).

Emotion vocalizations: An audible response to intense emotional feeling and connection. Can be an expression of a person's own feelings of connection or an expression of delight in their spouse feeling physical pleasure or emotional connection (ex. A husband exclaiming, "oh yes you look so beautiful" as his wife orgasms).

Do you and your spouse vocalize in the ways described above? What are the differences between the two (is one expressed more with words and the other in grunts and moans)? Which do you desire to hear more from your spouse?

ETA: At what points during an encounter do these vocalizations occur?
Last edited by Link+Zelda on Wed Apr 03, 2024 11:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Made sticky
Happily married to Serafina for 9 years. She is my Venus. ::luv2

END FIRST POST

SLS
Hammock
Hammock

Re: 04/03/2024 - Physical and Emotional vocalizations in bed?

Post by SLS »

Personally I tend to vocalize more emotionally than physically.

Physically I generally wait till the point of no return to vocalize. I would probably express myself more if I had better control and wasn't concerned that the additional excitement caused by audibly expressing my delight would end things too soon.

On the emotional side I really like to vocalize when DW is nearing orgasm. Not only am I filled with emotion at the sight of her pleasure but my vocalizations help her across the finish line.

DW vocalizes more physically than emotionally. She usually does so during manual stimulation as she approaches orgasm. One time when all the stars aligned she vocalized in response to intercourse alone but again that was basically a fluke.

Something I would really appreciate if DW did more of is vocalize emotionally. DW and other wives here have expressed that even if PIV intercourse doesn't generate enormous physical pleasure they still feel a great deal of emotional connection from feeling their husband's penis inside them.

I would love it if DW would express that feeling audibly in the moment and also expess enjoyment of my delight in a similar fashion as to how I do with hers.

I've expressed in another post how much it meant to me to see her smile at me during "my turn". DW emotionally vocalizing during intercourse (especially if it was in rhythm with thrusting) would send me over the moon.
Happily married to Serafina for 9 years. She is my Venus. ::luv2
Hamga
Single
Single

Post by Hamga »

We are more physical vocalists than emotional. Mostly grunts and moans from me and DW sighs and slight moans. Emotionally vocal at times with words or comments. Grunts and moans are common throughout from me and definitely at the point of no return. DW is often quiet until point of no return. I love to hear her let loose in pleasure.
LovingHimAlways
Under the stars
Under the stars

Post by LovingHimAlways »

Hamga wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 8:26 am We are more physical vocalists than emotional. Mostly grunts and moans from me and DW sighs and slight moans. Emotionally vocal at times with words or comments. Grunts and moans are common throughout from me and definitely at the point of no return. DW is often quiet until point of no return. I love to hear her let loose in pleasure.
This describes us as well. We may make the odd comment "Does that feel good?' or "I love you, baby!" etc

I can get pretty vocal when he is doing OS on me. During IC at the point of no return he may make some small grunting sounds. I am mostly quiet.
Bunny and Bear
Single
Single

Post by Bunny and Bear »

We are more vocal physically during the act and emotionally vocal after (during the initial cuddles before clean up). Sometimes he will say some nice things about how I look during foreplay.
SeekingChange

Post by SeekingChange »

My vocalization, mainly low moans, are typically around the physical sensations. If I express emotional connection it will typically be right at the beginning and it's usually around his body and weight being on me and the skin on skin connection. It's usually a simple, "You/this feels good."
God can change what people do, behavioral patterns that have been in play for decades. He can change what we do to cope, to find comfort, to survive conflict, to count. Rahab had done a same old thing for years... and then she did something new.
Crow
California King
California King

Post by Crow »

One of the powerful and beautiful things about sex for me is that physical and emotional pleasure become indistinguishable from one another. It’s amazing how physical touch can cause emotional pleasure.

My wife and I are pretty uninhibited with sexual vocalizations, but I don’t think that we have distinct vocalizations for physical and emotional pleasure. We both use words and non-word vocalizations for whatever waves of pleasure hit us.
Melgrace7
Queen bed
Queen bed

Post by Melgrace7 »

I’m not really able to separate my vocalisations during piv into these categories be honest. The physical and emotional are inherently intertwined for me. Both at once is my answer.

OS is easier: if I’m giving it’s emotional vocalisation and if I’m receiving it’s physical.

I think this is why piv is my favourite. Both kinds of pleasure wrapped up in one!
newwifenewlife
Under the stars
Under the stars

Post by newwifenewlife »

I am very vocal with all those things with her and for myself and I regularly complement her form and shape and share my delight in seeing it. I will also encourage her to breath and vocalize as her enjoyment ramps up and she continues to move towards climax.

In my recent readings and study, I've read that it helps, especially for women, to learn to vocalize on one's exhale as it helps connect the mind and body with the experience and pleasure enjoyment which helps make orgasm easier (again, especially for females). It also serves as a reminder to keep breathing through the pleasure and sexual experience and helps with inhibitions too if one has always been quiet.
stagdoe
King bed
King bed

Post by stagdoe »

Emotion vocalizations do me in. As soon as she says something, usually puts me over the edge.

Return to “Question of the Day”