07/09/2024 - If you turned your phone off....

A fun way to get to know each other and explore various topics
Forum rules
Post in this section can be seen by guests and search engines.

FIRST POST IN THREAD

SeekingChange

07/09/2024 - If you turned your phone off....

Post by SeekingChange »

If you turned your phone off for a week and didn't contact ANYONE, who would come looking for you?
God can change what people do, behavioral patterns that have been in play for decades. He can change what we do to cope, to find comfort, to survive conflict, to count. Rahab had done a same old thing for years... and then she did something new.

END FIRST POST

Mike smith
California King
California King

Re: 07/09/2024 - If you turned your phone off....

Post by Mike smith »

probably one friend, I would possibly get messages about missed appointments or such, but that’s about all.
Katydid
Double
Double

Post by Katydid »

SeekingChange wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2024 1:24 am If you turned your phone off for a week and didn't contact ANYONE, who would come looking for you?
My mom. If I don't pick up the phone she will continue to call until I do and if I still don't answer, she starts the "search party." LOL!
Tantalum
Fell out of ...
Fell out of ...

Post by Tantalum »

Katydid wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2024 12:27 pm
SeekingChange wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2024 1:24 am If you turned your phone off for a week and didn't contact ANYONE, who would come looking for you?
My mom. If I don't pick up the phone she will continue to call until I do and if I still don't answer, she starts the "search party." LOL!
Sounds exactly like my mom.
LovingHimAlways
Under the stars
Under the stars

Post by LovingHimAlways »

Katydid wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2024 12:27 pm
Both of my kid's would say that this describes their Mom. :lol:

Not really. I do hold off on the search party for a little while. :lol:
Lightbulb
King bed
King bed

Post by Lightbulb »

assuming I did use my work computer to do work emails and slacks, I don't think anyone would notice for a week. I hardly ever call anyone, I text periodically. But nobody would think anything if I didn't text them in a week. My wife would wonder why I didn't call but I'd tell her I'm doing a theoretical exercise on the marriage bed forum.
OnlyByGrace
California King
California King

Post by OnlyByGrace »

On a regular week, maybe Hubby because we'd still be seeing each other of a morning and evening.

Also, not our oldest son or his partner. We can easily go weeks without him returning phone calls. Although, he may realise I haven't tried contacting him.

Youngest DS and his wife, possibly. We communicate through phone and visits. So, this one would depend.

The real issue would be that is need to replace my calendar alerts with an effective system because anything I need to remember goes in as appointments and tasks.
💜 Tread gently, sit compassionately, love abundantly 💜
KatieMarie
On the floor
On the floor

Post by KatieMarie »

Pretty much everyone.
Living my Happily Ever After with my amazing husband and our beautiful daughter.
OT2R
King bed
King bed

Post by OT2R »

I don’t think anyone would come looking for me. DH hardly ever returns my texts or calls. Since I see him everyday he wouldn’t look for me. My siblings might look for me but when we text I don’t always text back right away due to work and other commitments so it might be late too late at night to reply. Sometimes it’s days when I return a text.
I don’t think my kids would look for me too. They’d probably figure mom is busy with stuff. They don’t text unless they’re replying to my initial text.
olafthewise
Hammock
Hammock

Post by olafthewise »

some Sundays I leave it on the nightstand and no one looks for me in a house of 10+
RuggedAmerican
King bed
King bed

Post by RuggedAmerican »

I guess the question is, does DW know I've done so? If not, she'd be panicking after a day.
Rugged American (as called by my European wife)

Return to “Question of the Day”