Special Groups

We have sections you must join to use. You can see the full list here. Most you can join with a click. The medical and pastoral groups require approval.
Note, some groups were not accepting new members properly. That is fixed.

02/22/21 - First Sex-Positive Online Christian Source

A fun way to get to know each other and explore various topics
Forum rules
Post in this section can be seen by guests and search engines.

FIRST POST IN THREAD

Link+Zelda

02/22/21 - First Sex-Positive Online Christian Source

Post by Link+Zelda »

What was the first sex-positive Christian marriage resource you came across online? How long ago did you find it? Did you intentionally seek it out, or was it more of a stumble-across kind of thing? What did you think about its content?

You can share any relevant details, including whether you still use said resource.
-Link+Zelda

END FIRST POST

PaulB
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: 02/22/21 - First Sex-Positive Online Christian Source

Post by PaulB »

Tractor wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 5:03 pmI actually miss the Christian Nymphos. I remember having the sense that several of them had young kids at the time and that they shifted their priorities. Since they were very anonymous, I have often wondered if they got a little farther down the road in life and they might be someone I happen to read now under another name, or if any of them are still posting under another name.
They did have a great impact. Ruth of Awaken Love has kept the archived site running, so it's still helping people.

At one time I knew who most of them were, including one in person. (They met each other here on the forums.) A couple of them tied to do another blog but it never really got going. As far as I know, none of them is currently blogging.

I know close to a hundred Christain marriage blogs that have come and gone, including a couple of dozen that were really great.

It's a rough gig, and very few manage to make enough to even cover their costs, much less their time.
Happily married for 36 years and living the good life near two of our grandsons!

Marriage and Sex Educator & Blogger
The Generous HusbandThe XY Code
PaulB
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by PaulB »

For us, it was AOL's Christianity Online Message Boards, called COMB by many.

That would have been in the summer of 1997.

That is what launched us into doing the main web site.

In the summer of 1999, I had been off of COMB for half a year, and I heard from some of my friends there that it had been overrun with pagans and atheists. Because of AOL's rules, the moderators couldn't remove posts from those users. And a safe place for Christians to talk about sex and marriage was born out of that.

And yes, I'm old! ::al
Happily married for 36 years and living the good life near two of our grandsons!

Marriage and Sex Educator & Blogger
The Generous HusbandThe XY Code
Happily married
King bed
King bed

Post by Happily married »

TMB was the first Christian sex-positive site I have been on and it's been just over a year since joining. I came across it from a post on another site for Christians so checked it out and joined shortly thereafter. It's been a great journey learning from the experience of others in their pursuit of better marriages.
Link+Zelda

Post by Link+Zelda »

Tractor wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 5:03 pm I actually miss the Christian Nymphos. I remember having the sense that several of them had young kids at the time and that they shifted their priorities. Since they were very anonymous, I have often wondered if they got a little farther down the road in life and they might be someone I happen to read now under another name, or if any of them are still posting under another name.
We do have the husband of a guest writer at Christian Nymphos here (though I think it was just the one 2-part article). See his intro post, where he mentions it.
-Link+Zelda

Return to “Question of the Day”