Special Groups

We have sections you must join to use. You can see the full list here. Most you can join with a click. The medical and pastoral groups require approval.
Note, some groups were not accepting new members properly. That is fixed.

05/03/2021 - Worried About Your Body?

A fun way to get to know each other and explore various topics
Forum rules
Post in this section can be seen by guests and search engines.

FIRST POST IN THREAD

Link+Zelda

05/03/2021 - Worried About Your Body?

Post by Link+Zelda »

While growing up--either prepubescent or during puberty--were you ever worried about some part of your body being abnormal?
-Link+Zelda

END FIRST POST

Violet
Queen bed
Queen bed

Re: 05/03/2021 - Worried About Your Body?

Post by Violet »

I don't think I ever did. Others may have thought that I was too slim to carry a baby, but that was quickly disproven.
Wife of 20 years
Brynna
Hammock
Hammock

Post by Brynna »

My terrible worry at the age of 12 was that I was pregnant. I had no idea how babies were made, and a mentally challenged friend of my mom's had told me that sometimes girls my age had babies. So I spent a rotten summer, sick with worry that I somehow had a baby growing inside and I 'knew' I was getting fatter.
GeorgeB
King bed
King bed

Post by GeorgeB »

like a lot of guys, I worried about my size, but for the opposite reason. Some guys saw fit to say something about me when I was in the shower, and that made me self-conscious and worried about how much I was growing for a long time. I eventually came to terms with it, though and am completely fine now.
4strongmarriage
Double
Double

Post by 4strongmarriage »

I was very disappointed that my period started when I was 11. I wasn't very mature so finding ways to hide pads in my stuff was difficult. Once one pad fell out of my stuff and on the floor in middle school. Another girl saw it first. We both freaked out. I covered it with a piece of paper and threw it into the trash. Middle school was so awkward...
tentsofpurple
King bed
King bed

Post by tentsofpurple »

I wouldn't say worried per say but I always wished my breasts were/are bigger. I remember all my classmates going bra shopping and wanting to go too. My mom took me but I had nothing to put in a bra. I definitely compared myself to other girls my age and most of them were more well endowed than I was. I'm still slightly self conscious in this area but try to focus on the positives of having smaller breasts (less pain with exercising, I can sleep on my stomach, less to sag etc.)
Lorelei
Double
Double

Post by Lorelei »

Not a part, per se, but I’ve always been short and wished I was just a bit taller. Short women are commonly treated almost like children, or at least not like an equal adult. It bothered me a lot as a teen and even now I have to be conscious not to overcompensate, especially in my professional life.
Lorelei
Viking69
Double
Double

Post by Viking69 »

The locker room was a nightmare for me because most guys are showers. I never knew that being a grower was a thing until very recently. Being a teenager sucked!
Married to the love of my life for over 32 years!
Brynna
Hammock
Hammock

Post by Brynna »

Lorelei wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 12:36 pm Short women are commonly treated almost like children, or at least not like an equal adult.
I agree with this. Our DD is very short and young looking. Just a couple years ago, in a business place that she came in with me, the manager came and gave her a coloring book and crayons, lol. She was almost out of her teens. Now very recently, we both had a massage appt and we were asked if we wanted to share a room. It bugs her to no end, and unfortunately it has made her over compensate for it in many areas of her life. But, how can people help thinking that she is a full grown adult instead of a child? It's not their fault, nor hers, that she is so short.
Lorelei
Double
Double

Post by Lorelei »

Brynna wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 1:37 pm
Lorelei wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 12:36 pm Short women are commonly treated almost like children, or at least not like an equal adult.
But, how can people help thinking that she is a full grown adult instead of a child? It's not their fault, nor hers, that she is so short.
Yes, exactly. I've had many of these types of experiences. It bothers me less now all these years later and I really only deal with it at work now.
Lorelei
Graypoet
Queen bed
Queen bed

Post by Graypoet »

I can relate to comments about school showers and being a grower, not a shower. When about age 14 while on a school field trip, I experienced a quick erection when talking to the prettiest girl in our class. Aside from trying to fight embarrassment, it became quite uncomfortable wearing rather tight fitting Levi jeans!
Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth. 3 John 2

Return to “Question of the Day”