Special Groups

We have sections you must join to use. You can see the full list here. Most you can join with a click. The medical and pastoral groups require approval.
Note, some groups were not accepting new members properly. That is fixed.

07/27/21 - What is one of your favorite smells?

A fun way to get to know each other and explore various topics
Forum rules
Post in this section can be seen by guests and search engines.

FIRST POST IN THREAD

SeekingChange

07/27/21 - What is one of your favorite smells?

Post by SeekingChange »

What is one of your favorite smells? Why?
God can change what people do, behavioral patterns that have been in play for decades. He can change what we do to cope, to find comfort, to survive conflict, to count. Rahab had done a same old thing for years... and then she did something new.

END FIRST POST

LBD
On the floor
On the floor

Re: 07/27/21 - What is one of your favorite smells?

Post by LBD »

Burt's Bees lip balm.

It initiates a Pavlovian response
It is usually futile to try to talk facts and analysis to people who are enjoying a sense of moral superiority in their ignorance. -Thomas Sowell
::dog
ALL_IN
King bed
King bed

Post by ALL_IN »

Lemongrass Essential Oil...
And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose. Romans 8:28
oldiesradio
Double
Double

Post by oldiesradio »

Olorin wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 4:21 am My 'G - rated' answer is the smell of cut grass. I enjoyed cutting grass in my youth and would do this for my parent's house as well as my grandmother's house. After cutting my grandmother's lawn, she would often fix me a BLT made with a pound of bacon and lots of tomatos. Afterwards, we would sometimes play Scrabble. I am so grateful for those simple days.

My 'not G-rated' answer is the smell of my DW's lady bits. Nothing makes me 'stand at attention' like that glorious aroma. I tell her this every time we make love! She is still too ticklish to allow me to fully experience her womanhood, but we are (slowly) working on this.
Totally agree on the "non-G" rated answer.

On the G side it would be freshly ground coffee.
ankunda
Cot
Cot

Post by ankunda »

My fiance's cookie scent. She smells so nice. 🙂
Mike smith
Single
Single

Post by Mike smith »

Smells are my window to the past. unexpectedly I will smell something and I will be immediately transported to the past. I love smells and cherish that sense. They bring back to many pleasant times to single out just one.
MrEden
Queen bed
Queen bed

Post by MrEden »

1. My wife. Her vulva, then breasts and neck, and just all over with fresh sweat. She doesn't own perfume and uses unscented deodorant when going out in public. She showers soon after she gets sweaty so rarely smells bad.

2. Basil.

3. Daffodils.

4. Hay.
Love and Theft
Single
Single

Post by Love and Theft »

Old comic books. Most collectors will tell you the same thing. There's a unique smell that old newsprint gives off, and most of us associate that smell with digging through old stacks of comics to find the issues we've been searching for.
tentsofpurple
King bed
King bed

Post by tentsofpurple »

The ocean, freshly cut grass, dh's armpits, a new baby's head, lilacs
shortman
Double
Double

Post by shortman »

My wife's hair after not being washed for about 3 days; the grass on the Western Prairie ( like in Texas ); holiday baking; the smell you get when tearing down a really old ( like 50 years old or older ) automobile engine, it's that ancient motor oil that does it.
LuckyInLove
King bed
King bed

Post by LuckyInLove »

I have a lot, but coffee brewing reminds me of childhood when my mom percolated coffee when we had company coming over, which was always a source of excitement for me. Today, I still associate that scent with getting together with friends at coffee shops.

Return to “Question of the Day”