Special Groups

We have sections you must join to use. You can see the full list here. Most you can join with a click. The medical and pastoral groups require approval.
Note, some groups were not accepting new members properly. That is fixed.

10/13/2021 - Which Star Trek Captain are you?

A fun way to get to know each other and explore various topics
Forum rules
Post in this section can be seen by guests and search engines.

FIRST POST IN THREAD

SLS
California King
California King

10/13/2021 - Which Star Trek Captain are you?

Post by SLS »

In honor of William Shatner's (Captain Kirk) trip to space today I thought I would ask which Star Trek Captain you identify most with.

Are you a "space cowboy" like Kirk, a thoughtful diplomat like Picard, a bad*** like Sisko, a "momma bear" like Janeway, or an explorer like Archer?

If you don't watch Star Trek give me which fictional leader you identify most with.
Last edited by SeekingChange on Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Made sticky
Happily married to Serafina for 7 years. She is my Venus. ::luv2

END FIRST POST

LBD
On the floor
On the floor

Re: 10/13/2021 - Which Star Trek Captain are you?

Post by LBD »

definitely a "Picard"
It is usually futile to try to talk facts and analysis to people who are enjoying a sense of moral superiority in their ignorance. -Thomas Sowell
::dog
FaithSeeker48
Single
Single

Post by FaithSeeker48 »

"There's the right way, the wrong way and The Janeway."

Most definitely Captain Janeway. Strong leader and loves her crew like family.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Love and Theft
Single
Single

Post by Love and Theft »

I'll say Sisko, but I don't perceive him as a butt kicker first and foremost. He's pretty thoughtful and philosophical.
ng95901
Double
Double

Post by ng95901 »

None of the above. I identify most with the newly minted Captain of USS Discovery, Michael Burnham. Burnham is known for not doing things the 'right' way, rather her way, which still works and achieves the same result. She is a bit of a maverick as far as her rise to command and although she didn't get there by taking the same path as Kirk, Picard, Archer or Janeway, she inevitably got there. While she lacks some of the characteristics that some of the other renown Starfleet Captains have brought to the table, she has shown that you can break the mold, go against the grain and still complete the mission...
Dale
Board Czar
Board Czar

Post by Dale »

Picard and Kirk, with a healthy dose of Spock thrown in as well! :lol:

Dale
Olorin
California King
California King

Post by Olorin »

I don't really have the temperament of either Kirk or Picard. I always identified with either Spock or Scotty.

As a side note, I attended a Comic Con where William Shatner was a speaker and I was one of the fans who paid to have my picture taken with him. This was about 7 years ago; he was very energetic and gave a very good talk. The room reserved for the talk was, not surprisingly, was completely filled with attendees. Upon walking into the room, Shatner looked around and said "Standing room only. Good!".

During Q and A, a young boy asked him which movie was his favorite. He said 'Star Trek V' , of course. That is the movie Shatner directed, which is universally regarded as one of the worst Original Generation movies. He then went on to explain why it was bad, saying he was forced by the producers to change his original story. His original intent was the crew would meet the real Satan, but he was told that might not be such a good idea. It was really pretty funny.
BroadSword
Queen bed
Queen bed

Post by BroadSword »

I'm not a big Trekkie. I've only caught sporadic episodes of "TOS" and "TNG" with hardly any "DS9" or "Enterprise" and none of "Discovery". The only series I watched all of was "Voyager", but I don't really identify as Janeway.

I'm more of a Mal Reynolds.

Return to “Question of the Day”