5/13/22 - how do you celebrate, remember and honor your wedding anniversary?

A fun way to get to know each other and explore various topics
Forum rules
Post in this section can be seen by guests and search engines.

FIRST POST IN THREAD

newwifenewlife
Under the stars
Under the stars

5/13/22 - how do you celebrate, remember and honor your wedding anniversary?

Post by newwifenewlife »

How do you honor, remember, and celebrate your wedding anniversary? Is it a normal day? Do you do a special meal out or in? Recite your vows again? Hotel or trip? Only do things on big anniversary milestones? Recreate a special moment/event? Return to a special or meaningful place in your relationship?
Last edited by SeekingChange on Fri May 13, 2022 6:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Made sticky

END FIRST POST

Irnmyk
Fell out of ...
Fell out of ...

Re: 5/13/22 - how do you celebrate, remember and honor your wedding anniversary?

Post by Irnmyk »

ALL_IN wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 3:23 am This year, I'm deployed, so we plan on cooking and eating together virtually. Its going to be interesting.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Thank you for your service and sacrifice. May your 'virtual' dinner be the best that it can be.
Irnmyk
Fell out of ...
Fell out of ...

Re: 5/13/22 - how do you celebrate, remember and honor your wedding anniversary?

Post by Irnmyk »

What a Friday the 13th question...... :shock:

Our anniversary falls on a major holiday weekend, so we don't try to do anything with all the conflicts present due to that. We will circle back within a week or so and have a nice dinner at that restaurant that you ONLY go to for very special occasions because it will set you back about a month's pay when you do.

It's a great time, and we cherish it.
LHK
Queen bed
Queen bed

Post by LHK »

For about the first decade or so, we would watch our wedding video then do anniversary presents and maybe dinner out. Now we're more laid back, we'll do dinner someplace and usually come home and go straight to the bedroom.

LHK
Some say he knows two facts about ducks, and both of them are wrong.
newwifenewlife
Under the stars
Under the stars

Post by newwifenewlife »

Irnmyk wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 6:36 am What a Friday the 13th question...... :shock:
Yes, it is. :D

DW & I are celebrating today our first date and one year later marriage. DW is in clinicals so I’m meeting her for the movie FAMILY CAMP by The Skit Guys and going to dinner but our big event is a cruise in September celebrating our anniversary and DW finishing school and clinicals just before it.

We recite our vows to each other. We wrote them and I keep a copy in my dresser and pull it out every year. Some of the phrases we go back to after a misunderstanding or fight. I’d usually plan an overnight somewhere but with her clinicals running thru Sat and then my schedule, it doesn’t leave much this year, and as I said, cruise in Sept so we’re good.

I did buy SHEETS & LADDERS from INTIMATELY US so I placed those on the bed for later. I know she’ll be tired so we may wait till tmw night…and then the teens will be out of the house too.
benny
California King
California King

Post by benny »

Early in our marriage we would take off a week from work and do home improvement projects and cook out at home. Later after the kids were up in age we began taking trips to celebrate. It's a very special time for both of us.

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

eldorado
Single
Single

Post by eldorado »

This year is the big 50,would like to take a family picture but it involves many miles of travel from three states.A picture would be nice but I pray daily that everybody's name is written in the Book Of Life.
Beaglebag
Single
Single

Post by Beaglebag »

Depends on the year. DH has been deployed for two of them, so we've been there! One year he was deployed, I went out to eat with a friend whose husband's birthday was around the same time and that was a great way to celebrate our guys from afar. When we're on the same continent 😉, we usually go out to eat or plan a trip. DH usually gets me flowers. We make a bigger deal of our anniversary than Valentine's Day. This year we're probably celebrating the day before, because we have AWANA and chapel on our actual anniversary.
footnassman
California King
California King

Post by footnassman »

A special dinner. Often away for a few nights, if our work/children's schedule allows. I usually take flowers to her, if we are in town. We stopped buying gifts for one another years ago. We often will choose to buy a "for us" gift, which usually turns out to be some outdoor item/furniture...our anniv is in spring, so we are always looking forward to getting the yard ready for outdoor season.
Oldbear
Hammock
Hammock

Post by Oldbear »

We celebrated our 50th a year ago and had planned to take a fall cruise around the Maritime Islands. Due to COVID, no cruises were operating in 2021. After a well-planned 2022 cruise, we learned that the cruise was cancelled. Very disappointing! We are going to Europe this summer.

Return to “Question of the Day”