8/5/22 - what household chore do you hate to do?

A fun way to get to know each other and explore various topics
Forum rules
Post in this section can be seen by guests and search engines.

FIRST POST IN THREAD

newwifenewlife
Under the stars
Under the stars

8/5/22 - what household chore do you hate to do?

Post by newwifenewlife »

What household chore do you hate to do the most? Do you still do it or does your spouse?
Last edited by SeekingChange on Fri Aug 05, 2022 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Made sticky

END FIRST POST

SeekingChange

Re: 8/5/22 - what household chore do you hate to do?

Post by SeekingChange »

Handwashing dishes. For the most part, everything goes in the dishwasher, but when they can't, he often will do the dishes that need handwashed.
God can change what people do, behavioral patterns that have been in play for decades. He can change what we do to cope, to find comfort, to survive conflict, to count. Rahab had done a same old thing for years... and then she did something new.
Plumpurple
Queen bed
Queen bed

Post by Plumpurple »

SeekingChange wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 5:48 pm Handwashing dishes.
This is really the only one I mind as well. Thankfully we have a dishwasher now, but we didn't for 3 years and DH did all the dishes for us during that period. He's pretty good about taking care of chores when he sees they need done, especially when we have both been working. I take care of most everything since I get to be a stay at home mom right now, but before we had our son my husband did about half the chores without me needing to ask very often. I like things tidy and he likes things clean, so we pair well and I would take care of the floors and tidying while he cleaned the bathroom and other surfaces.
benny
California King
California King

Post by benny »

Unloading the dishwasher, she's a more fun to get loaded 😂, seriously, I hate unloading it, I'd rather put dishes in or wash them by hand.
Olorin
Fell out of ...
Fell out of ...

Post by Olorin »

Cleaning up piles of clutter, especially when the clutter is 'owned' by multiple people.
bandaddie
King bed
King bed

Post by bandaddie »

My wife and our daughters have adopted a total of nine rescue cats. I refuse to clean out their litter boxes.

I do not understand why they are called "rescue cats." I threw one at a drowning person. It could barely swim, much less rescue anyone.
LuckyInLove
California King
California King

Post by LuckyInLove »

Dusting is the worst! Once you get started, there’s no end to it . . . dust is on picture frames, ceiling fans, woodwork around doors, in between spindles on stairs, etc. Plus, it often seems like you’re just moving it around.
newwifenewlife
Under the stars
Under the stars

Post by newwifenewlife »

#1 - cleaning the bathroom
#2 - dusting
2Cor517
Double
Double

Post by 2Cor517 »

I would have to say that bathroom cleaning is the worst for me. Scrubbing toilets and tub/showers seems like punishment. I was never in the military but I am pretty sure they make recruits do this to break them down.

The next in line would be hand washing dishes and pots/pans. It's just plain gross and I usually get the front of my clothes accidentally wet.
jacklweidman
Queen bed
Queen bed

Post by jacklweidman »

I'd say, cleaning the bathroom. I do most everything else but DW has to do the bathrooms.

Return to “Question of the Day”