11/23/2022 - Do you ever just "think too much"?

A fun way to get to know each other and explore various topics
Forum rules
Post in this section can be seen by guests and search engines.

FIRST POST IN THREAD

SLS
Hammock
Hammock

11/23/2022 - Do you ever just "think too much"?

Post by SLS »

Case in point I decided to just spontaneously initiate sex last night. This is not normal for me as when the opportunity arises to spontaneously initate I often overthink things ("this isn't the perfect time, what if she's not feeling up to it, what if we stay up too late, will I go too quickly, etc. etc.).

Last night I told those voices to shut up and just went for it. Long story short we had what we both described as a "Top 10". DW later told me that knowing sex is going to happen far in advance often makes her overthink things in a similar vein. This makes it less likely for her to enjoy sex.

So do any of y'all also overthink your sex life or any other area of life?
Last edited by SeekingChange on Tue Nov 22, 2022 10:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Made sticky
Happily married to Serafina for 8 years. She is my Venus. ::luv2

END FIRST POST

runningwithdog
Double
Double

Re: 11/23/2022 - Do you ever just "think too much"?

Post by runningwithdog »

Of course!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Kitty
Single
Single

Post by Kitty »

Yes I find I do this when I make big plans in my head for activities for sex when we are having a night totally alone meaning no son in the house. Usually when I make all these elaborate plans DH and I end up completing at most 2 out of 6 plans I may make. Then we end up snuggling & falling asleep. Nothing like "Great Expectations." LOL
benny
Hammock
Hammock

Post by benny »

I'm not sure I over think things but I am guilty of over planning sex especially in the past. I would go to great extremes to set the perfect scene and be prepared for whatever she might want.

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

Return to “Question of the Day”