Special Groups

We have sections you must join to use. You can see the full list here. Most you can join with a click. The medical and pastoral groups require approval.
Note, some groups were not accepting new members properly. That is fixed.

5/14/21 - what is the best thing about marriage

A fun way to get to know each other and explore various topics
Forum rules
Post in this section can be seen by guests and search engines.

FIRST POST IN THREAD

newwifenewlife
Under the stars
Under the stars

5/14/21 - what is the best thing about marriage

Post by newwifenewlife »

1) What is the best thing about marriage?
2) The worst?
Last edited by SeekingChange on Fri May 14, 2021 5:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Made sticky

END FIRST POST

hastentheday
King bed
King bed

Re: 5/14/21 - what is the best thing about marriage

Post by hastentheday »

Wow! This board has been beyond DEAD the last 2 days. Everyone on vacation, I guess.

I'll get things started. Best things. Sorry it is just too hard for me to stick to one so I am going to cheat....
1. Companionship/friendship
2. Having someone to do things with, to explore this world of ours, to travel, not having to be alone, etc.
3. Working together to achieve a common goal i.e. being debt free, helping put kids through college, having and raising children, etc.
4. Learning about life, God, this world of ours from each other and through the sharing of our experiences and knowledge gleaned from all the sources out there
5. Having someone to talk with about what is going on in life. For example, @threesacrowd and I talk every day about this pandemic and the ramifications it is having on our lives, really nice when you can agree on issues that are controversial
6. Regular sex and lots of it!

If I had to go with just one, combine # 1 and # 6.

Worst things.
1. When you hurt or when you hurt your spouse
2. Having an argument, not being able see eye to eye on something
3. For me, I love my sleep and I hated the period when the kids were babies and couldn't sleep through the night, even though it affected DW more than I, I still sleep lightly, often woke up too and struggled to get back to sleep, not sure how mothers do this night after night!! You have more than my respect here all mothers everywhere!
4. Struggles with kids who "just aren't getting it" even after lots of counseling, advice and input and continue to make the same mistakes

If I had to go with just one, go with # 1
Last edited by hastentheday on Fri May 14, 2021 10:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
2 Timothy 1:7 "For God has not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind."
SeekingChange

Post by SeekingChange »

hastentheday wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 5:45 am Wow! This board has been beyond DEAD the last 2 days. Everyone on vacation, I guess.
Vacation would be nice! But I am crazy busy with a house full of company for a graduation weekend. I can get on and read most things, but haven't had much time to give deep thought to anything, which the last two QOTDs require that. :)
God can change what people do, behavioral patterns that have been in play for decades. He can change what we do to cope, to find comfort, to survive conflict, to count. Rahab had done a same old thing for years... and then she did something new.
Beccaloo
King bed
King bed

Post by Beccaloo »

1) What is the best thing about marriage?
Our kids ::luv
2) The worst? Our kids ::rotfl

HTD- sometimes I'm not sure what to write & wait for another person to be the guinea pig.
Last edited by Beccaloo on Fri May 14, 2021 12:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hastentheday
King bed
King bed

Post by hastentheday »

SeekingChange wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 9:29 am Vacation would be nice! But I am crazy busy with a house full of company for a graduation weekend. I can get on and read most things, but haven't had much time to give deep thought to anything, which the last two QOTDs require that. :)
This too shall pass!
Beccaloo wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 10:39 am 1) What is the best thing about marriage?
That's hilarious @Beccaloo! Short, concise and so true!
HTD- sometimes I'm not sure what to write & wait for another person to be the guinea pig.
[/quote]

Yeah sure, thanks a lot! Let me be the guinea pig! :)
2 Timothy 1:7 "For God has not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind."
Beccaloo
King bed
King bed

Post by Beccaloo »

hastentheday wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 10:51 am Yeah sure, thanks a lot! Let me be the guinea pig! :)
What are you talking about?! You did a great job. :lol:
LovingHimAlways
King bed
King bed

Post by LovingHimAlways »

Beccaloo wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 10:39 am
newwifenewlife wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 4:16 am 1) What is the best thing about marriage?
@Beccaloo......I'm the same way. :D
Irnmyk
King bed
King bed

Post by Irnmyk »

I'm scratching my head....

Where did the @NWNL quote (about the kids) that Beccaloo quoted at 12:39 (Central time) come from????
Beccaloo
King bed
King bed

Post by Beccaloo »

Irnmyk wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 12:20 pm I'm scratching my head....

Where did the @NWNL quote (about the kids) that Beccaloo quoted at 12:39 (Central time) come from????
My error!
I wrote my reply within his quote, so it's credited like that.
His questions, my reply about kids.
I have gone into my original post & edited that.
Irnmyk
King bed
King bed

Post by Irnmyk »

Oh, thanks for the clarification.

So you are the one that said that.... That makes it all the more funny (to me at least) :lol: I guess that part of what makes it funny is that I thought that @NWNL could well have said it.....

Return to “Question of the Day”