TMB STUFF

Marriage affirming, romantic, and flirty T-shirts and mugs.

Learn more, or Get Stuff and save 10%

10/12/21 - Who/what has had the biggest impact on you sexually?

A fun way to get to know each other and explore various topics
Forum rules
Post in this section can be seen by guests and search engines.

FIRST POST IN THREAD

SeekingChange

10/12/21 - Who/what has had the biggest impact on you sexually?

Post by SeekingChange »

Besides your spouse, who or what has impacted your sexuality the most, whether for good or bad? It could be things like, a parent, a book, a certain teaching, an experience, a media source, etc.

Or, you could share one of each, the greatest positive impact, and the greatest negative impact.
God can change what people do, behavioral patterns that have been in play for decades. He can change what we do to cope, to find comfort, to survive conflict, to count. Rahab had done a same old thing for years... and then she did something new.

END FIRST POST

newwifenewlife
Under the stars
Under the stars

Re: 10/12/21 - Who/what has had the biggest impact on you sexually?

Post by newwifenewlife »

Positive:

A CELEBRATION OF SEX - Rosenau
TMB
SEXY MARRIAGE RADIO Podcast
footnassman
Queen bed
Queen bed

Post by footnassman »

Our mutual willingness, open attitude toward exploring interests and variety (within bounds), my mind's wanderings and my wife's inclination toward gaining great pleasure from providing pleasure are the things that have had the greatest impacts....but....there was a series given to us on CD perhaps 12 to 15 years into our marriage. It was led by a local pastor, and was an "adults only" Sunday night series he presented on "Achieving and maintaining PASSION within your marriage". It covered several weeks, and we used to listen to the "sermons" while driving in the car. It was given to us by my Mom. Both my wife and I always knew that my parents shared a special bond in their marriage...sweet, loving, tender.....and....I *think* passionate. My Mom, I think, sensed the same in our marriage, so she brought up the series being led at her church by her pastor....and suggested that she thought we might really enjoy listening to it. We were open to it, so she got the CDs for us. It was affirming. So often, the church presents a bland view of the sexual relations between husband and wife. It was wonderful to hear a church leader support the journey we were already on. Even though we were already on that journey, it ignited even more interest and willingness to continue our exploration. I wish I could put my hands on those CDs....I think we actually gave them back to her......
newwifenewlife
Under the stars
Under the stars

Post by newwifenewlife »

I'm gonna come back and add a somewhat awkward addition to my list, my ex wife. It really was her "inactions" and then "actions" when we were married that started this journey for me and now, believe it or not, my wife & I are reaping the benefits of her choices as it has deeply impacted our philosophy of marriage and marriage bed and the communication before the wedding and after it.
SeekingChange

Post by SeekingChange »

My choice is a friend I met at a Bible study. There have been some great and crucial impacts since then, like The Forgiven Wife blog and TMB, but without this friend showing and living with an excitement and passion for her husband and sex, that's what made me desire to have something different and she was the catalyst for us choosing to work on a change.

As for negative, I am going to go with a very general answer of stress. It will plummet my libido &/or it opens me up to temptation, no matter which negative direction I go, some sort of stress is at the root.
God can change what people do, behavioral patterns that have been in play for decades. He can change what we do to cope, to find comfort, to survive conflict, to count. Rahab had done a same old thing for years... and then she did something new.
ng95901
Queen bed
Queen bed

Post by ng95901 »

To answer question number one, it would be both my wife's and my own personal experiences growing up with a partialism coupled with reading books written by Ogi Ogas, Sai Gaddam as well as William A. Rossi which helped us both come to the realization that having a partialism doesn't make you weird, abnormal, or a miscreant

The greatest positive impact was that we both ran our educational blog for almost a decade and did online interviews while working on our higher education at the same time. The goal was to educate other couples experiencing the partialism dynamic and help them navigate it within their marriage bed in a positive way. We eventually both completed the educational goals and my wife eventually decided to become certified to work in a clinical setting...
LBD
Blanket on a secluded beach!
Blanket on a secluded beach!

Post by LBD »

My father - nothing good about it. Still working my way out of his influences.
It is usually futile to try to talk facts and analysis to people who are enjoying a sense of moral superiority in their ignorance. -Thomas Sowell
::dog
oldiesradio
Double
Double

Post by oldiesradio »

The world-famous Cheryl Tiegs fishnet bathing suit photo in Sports Illustrated
when I was in middle-school. It sparked a really intense interest in women and
sex in me which has never abated. :D

And here my mom subscribed because she thought I was going to read about baseball.

Not having any family members who subscribed to Playboy it was my first real good
pubescent opportunity to study "the goods".

Thanks, Cheryl! :lol:
LovingHimAlways
King bed
King bed

Post by LovingHimAlways »

TMB and other Christian marriage blogs
one_woman_man
Fell out of ...
Fell out of ...

Post by one_woman_man »

Various books and TMB. Also some blogs.

Return to “Question of the Day”