TMB STUFF

Marriage affirming, romantic, and flirty T-shirts and mugs.

Learn more, or Get Stuff and save 10%

10/15/21 - What questions do you ask your spouse...

A fun way to get to know each other and explore various topics
Forum rules
Post in this section can be seen by guests and search engines.

FIRST POST IN THREAD

newwifenewlife
Under the stars
Under the stars

10/15/21 - What questions do you ask your spouse...

Post by newwifenewlife »

What are some questions you ask your spouse:

1) regularly to connect? (daily?...weekly?...monthly?

2) annually to connect and evaluate how you can serve and love them better?

BONUS
- Is there a special time or place that you'll ask?
- How often do you do ask?
Last edited by SeekingChange on Fri Oct 15, 2021 6:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Made sticky

END FIRST POST

SeekingChange

Re: 10/15/21 - What questions do you ask your spouse...

Post by SeekingChange »

I will sometimes ask, "How was your day?" and then I may ask more detailed questions about specific things.

Being married to a talker, I find I rarely need to ask questions. Ready or not, it's all coming out. ;) :lol:

He will occasionally ask me, "How do you think we are doing?" And it might follow with a few more specific questions. This happens a few times a year, typically at night when we are in bed, or when we are in the car alone.
God can change what people do, behavioral patterns that have been in play for decades. He can change what we do to cope, to find comfort, to survive conflict, to count. Rahab had done a same old thing for years... and then she did something new.
newwifenewlife
Under the stars
Under the stars

Post by newwifenewlife »

We always have an end/beginning of the year conversations where we talk about the new year and we’ll ask questions like “what can we stop or start doing that will communicate value and love to the other?”

We usually do some weekly check-ins in bed at the beginning or end of the day.

We also will ask, what was the day’s hi and low? Or what was something you enjoyed or laughed at today?
Oldbear
Hammock
Hammock

Post by Oldbear »

Mrs. Youngbear/Oldbear always says, “Tell me stories!” This is whenever we’ve been with other people or have a business, church, or ministry meeting.

We also have regular ‘calendar dates.’ We sit with cups of coffee and our calendars - I use gCalendar and she uses her Franklin DayTimer - to coordinate, sync, and discuss our individual plans and commitments and joint plans and commitments. Lots of conversation beyond scheduling happens.
LovingHimAlways
King bed
King bed

Post by LovingHimAlways »

We don't really have conversations about our relationship; weekly, yearly, etc. They happen more randomly.

There is one thing that we have done for our entire marriage. Each week/work night after dinner, I ask dh about his work day. He tells me about things that happened each day, good and bad. Many times he will discuss issues he might be having with staff.

I enjoy hearing about his day and it is my hope that it helps him to have an empathetic ear.
ng95901
Queen bed
Queen bed

Post by ng95901 »

We don't have conversations about our relationship either. My wife asks maybe once a day if I am okay since I've battled a chronic neurological condition for 25 years but other than that our conversations are more random. We've never had an inability to communicate and we both have very similar interests. Right now she's working from home so we've had a rare opportunity to be working around each other for most of the day and I think its been enjoyable since we get to make more time to interact rather than trying to cram it in after a 10 -12 hour shift...
Happily married
California King
California King

Post by Happily married »

I will ask my wife how I can honor her.
Another one when her work schedule is crazy busy is what she needs me to do.
And then typically, what's for dinner? :roll:

Return to “Question of the Day”