Special Groups

We have sections you must join to use. You can see the full list here. Most you can join with a click. The medical and pastoral groups require approval.
Note, some groups were not accepting new members properly. That is fixed.

Finding the right lubricant

Games, lingerie, toys, taking photos, stripteases, fantasy, role-playing, bedroom ambience and sex outside of the bedroom (not overly public places).
Forum rules
Post in this section can be seen by guests and search engines.
SLS
King bed
King bed

Finding the right lubricant

Post by SLS »

My wife and I have struggled to find a lubricant that works well and feels good to her. We have tried some products from KY, Astroglide, and a few others but none of them quite fit the bill.  The main problem is that DW doesn't like lube that is cold and sticky. It makes her feel messy and it hinders her arousal.

Usually her natural lubrication (plus the lube on the condom) is enough but she has experienced chaffing recently after a few minutes of intercourse.

Any suggestions?
Happily married to Serafina for 6.75 years. She is my Venus. ::luv2
Nuri
Single
Single

Re: Finding the right lubricant

Post by Nuri »

Coconut oil! Sorry, just a little opinionated on the subject. I also hate the feel of typical lubricants and CO was a game changer for me. Good luck!

Edit: wanted to add that I found out today that oil based lubricants should not be used with condoms, so maybe try it just for play or OS. 

SLS
King bed
King bed

Post by SLS »

Any particular kind of coconut oil that you would recommend? I have heard about it but I am unsure of what exactly to get. Do I just go to the grocery store and get it off the shelf? lol
Happily married to Serafina for 6.75 years. She is my Venus. ::luv2
Nuri
Single
Single

Post by Nuri »

I have to be careful here because I could probably write a book about how much I love CO. Yes, you just get it at the grocery store. I prefer the kind that comes in a jar, usually extra virgin although I doubt that matters. It looks solid and white but melts in your hands quickly to a silky clear liquid. It feels very natural. And will not leave grease stains on sheets or clothes like other oils. I see another answer mentions condoms in a way that implies you shouldn't use it with them, so look into that because I don't know about that.

grey_hornet
Single
Single

Post by grey_hornet »

We prefer extra light olive oil. It's great as lube, plus makes a good massage oil too
Brynna
Hammock
Hammock

Post by Brynna »

We use LOVE, by Lorna Vanderhaeghe. I like coconut oil, so we sometimes use that. DH prefers the LOVE, but we keep both handy and use CO for oral.
SeekingChange

Post by SeekingChange »

I totally agree with @HisGirl, but I saw you mentioned condoms, so I figured it was out and I wasn't going to say anything because I have no other recommendations.   Artificial lubes leave me feeling slimy and dirty, CO does not.  The skin absorbs it and it doesn't leave a residue feeling.
God can change what people do, behavioral patterns that have been in play for decades. He can change what we do to cope, to find comfort, to survive conflict, to count. Rahab had done a same old thing for years... and then she did something new.
Nuri
Single
Single

Post by Nuri »

You aren't supposed to use it with condoms? I never heard that before. It's a non-issue for us now but we did for years!
SeekingChange

Post by SeekingChange »

Any oil based lube, including olive oil and coconut oil,  should not be used with latex condoms because it can dissolve the latex, causing them to break.
God can change what people do, behavioral patterns that have been in play for decades. He can change what we do to cope, to find comfort, to survive conflict, to count. Rahab had done a same old thing for years... and then she did something new.
New_Wife
Queen bed
Queen bed

Post by New_Wife »

We like Pink Water and Sliquid H2O. Both are water based so safe with toys but will require repeated applications for extended sessions. CO is goo too.

Return to “Activities & Items”