TMB STUFF

Marriage affirming, romantic, and flirty T-shirts and mugs.

Learn more, or Get Stuff and save 10%

Wedding band tattoo

Shaving, lubricants, penis size, breast modification, tats/piercing, etc.
Forum rules
Post in this section can be seen by guests and search engines.
Horseman1978
Double
Double

Wedding band tattoo

Post by Horseman1978 »

Howdy all,

DW and I are coming up on 24 years of marriage. I'm a welder and machinist and we have run a small business together for 23. I haven't worn a ring in over a decade, as I work daily with machinery that can easily kill me if anything from rings to clothes gets caught.

***As a fun but fact for the mechanics and trades folks here, we have a drill press that weighs 6800#!

Anyway, DW asked me to try the silicone bands a decade ago, and I broke one every month... In the end, I went back to being "ringless" yet again.

Fast forward to last month and DW asked again if I would try silicone bands, so I surprised her and had her write our anniversary date on a post-it note in her unique handwriting and we had a "tattoo date". I had the tattoo artist use her post-it note (and a digital scanner) to scale the design and make a "transfer". I also had him add a thin border line above and below the date; ultimately a very simple design.

Since my hands are really just "Finger shaped clamps", the artist recommended tattooing only the top part of my finger and halfway down the sides. Apparently, folks that work their hands hard have poor success with ink retention as you get closer to the palm.

The actual tattoo process took 10 minutes or less and DW is absolutely thrilled! It was my first tattoo, and may be my only one, but I can only say that I wish I had done this sooner!

I hope this helps anyone else that has safety concerns with jewelry!

-Horseman1978-
garyb
Double
Double

Re: Wedding band tattoo

Post by garyb »

I haven’t worn my wedding band in nearly 38 years. Between working on cars, and playing sports, it was always getting caught or knocked out of round. I actually told my wife several months ago although I’m not for tattoos, the only one I would consider would be a wedding band.

Kuddos to you for doing that. I might have to take the plunge and get inked myself soon.
--GaryB
🚴‍♂️
Horseman1978
Double
Double

Re: Wedding band tattoo

Post by Horseman1978 »

garyb wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 3:42 pm Kuddos to you for doing that. I might have to take the plunge and get inked myself soon.
Thanks; it's not likely I'd ever get another tattoo either. I prefer to enjoy other people's ink; some of it is quite beautiful.

Return to “Body Parts & Body Care”