Special Groups

We have sections you must join to use. You can see the full list here. Most you can join with a click. The medical and pastoral groups require approval.
Note, some groups were not accepting new members properly. That is fixed.

Sex after Vasectomy

What's available, do's and don'ts.
Forum rules
Post in this section can be seen by guests and search engines.
Ron
California King
California King

Re: Sex after Vasectomy

Post by Ron »

For me, not much difference at all. I did go get tested, some skip that embarrassing part. Some doctors want two good samples, some will settle for one.

My wife did not want to get pregnant again and she had a good friend whose husband had a vasectomy and a couple of years later, she got pregnant and yes, it was his. He was making sperm again. So, even after I got mine, we continued to use condoms for several years or not have sex during her fertile time.
intrepides96
Queen bed
Queen bed

Post by intrepides96 »

The only change for us was freedom! No having to put the brakes on the train and lose the built-up passion to pause for putting a condom on!

I had mine over 2 years ago and haven't looked back.

Definitely be sure to have your samples tested and continue to use contraceptives until you're cleared. It was a little awkward to bring in a semen sample to the doctor's office to the front office staff, but I kept my eyes on the prize!

I had a former co-worker who had his done while he was in the military. He didn't follow up with all the samples and 3 months after, his wife was pregnant.

Be sure to take it easy and don't overdo it. Follow your doctor's orders and don't dive right at warp speed. My doctor said no sex for 7 days after the procedure and I followed it 100%. The first time we had intercourse, things were a little sore from bouncing around, but a little bit of ibuprofen and a good ice pack helped.

Edited to add: I decided to check my own sample in addition to the doctor's test for my own peace of mind. While it's not approved for this purpose, you can order this kit to see your own sample: https://www.yospermtest.com/
MiddleMan
Queen bed
Queen bed

Post by MiddleMan »

The Dr. who did mine was... earthy. He had the DW and I in for consultation before, and he said things like "If he was Rambo in bed before, he will still be Rambo afterward."

I didn't notice any difference at all, but it was great to not have to mess with condoms anymore.
Sharpshooter284
Cot
Cot

Post by Sharpshooter284 »

Thanks for all the info.
I defiantly will get tested. The 1st wife amd I did fertility treatments so having a sample isn't an issue.
LBD
On the floor
On the floor

Post by LBD »

I actually had a difference in physical feel. Not during coitus, but ejaculation felt different. I think it was from the method my Dr. used. He ligated, separated, tied off and carterized. Twern't none of the boys making it across that gap! I think it effectively shortened the VD sheath and I could tell the difference. Not bad, just different.

Otherwise, it allowed my wife to forgo HBC, and I think there was some benefit to that, but not earthshattering.
It is usually futile to try to talk facts and analysis to people who are enjoying a sense of moral superiority in their ignorance. -Thomas Sowell
::dog
neilEthere
Queen bed
Queen bed

Post by neilEthere »

I used to use a technique to last longer whereby I would reverse the natural action of the body - where your testicles pull up via the vas inside (or in tight to) your body as you get closer to orgasm. Reverse as in pull down fairly hard until you actually feel a stretching out of the vas. Allowed me to go for hours if I wanted. Not an option once you cut the vas so that changed things for me. But 18 years of worry free sex beats that.
realralr
Single
Single

Post by realralr »

Wow, that was almost 30 years ago for us (me).
I have made the joke from time to time that I am now a Sunkist orange,
All juice, no seed.

Return to “Birth Control”