Pregnant on birth control?

What's available, do's and don'ts.
Forum rules
Post in this section can be seen by guests and search engines.
Texaslemon
Single
Single

Pregnant on birth control?

Post by Texaslemon »

Just out of curiosity, how many children do you have that were conceived while being on the pill?
DoveGrey
On the floor
On the floor

Re: Pregnant on birth control?

Post by DoveGrey »

My ectopic was a minipill pregnancy. That was the end of hormonal birth control for us.
"She will do him good and not evil
All the days of her life.
"

~23 years and counting~
KatieMarie
King bed
King bed

Post by KatieMarie »

Neither at the moment. We aren’t actively TTC, but I wouldn’t mind.
Tantalum
King bed
King bed

Post by Tantalum »

No personal experience, as we did NFP but even manufacturers only claim 99% efficiency and that’s under ideal conditions. In practice, about 94%.

When it comes to surprise pregnancies, I know a vasectomy spontaneously re-fusing after a few years, one coil failure and one lady coworker who was told she would definitely never be able to have children because of a medical problem (she didn’t go into details) and then one day she went to see her doctor about her mysterious weight gain and found that she was six months pregnant. And that wasn’t even a one-off as the last time I saw her she had two kids.

So I guess the only sure method is not to have sex.
k.a. forest
Single
Single

Post by k.a. forest »

Not me, but one of my aunts back in the 70s was on the pill and became pregnant with her second son.
Crow
Queen bed
Queen bed

Post by Crow »

My wife was on the pill and we had zero children during this time. In fact, I don't know anyone who has had a unplanned pregnancy while on the pill.

We have a friend who was VERY meticulous with NFP (she couldn't take the pill due to a health issue) and she had an unplanned pregnancy. She always knew when she ovulated and they didn't have sex during the expected fertility period. Her doctor concluded that some sperm survived a long time between the last time she had sex and ovulation. The time period was long, but short enough for there to be a small chance of survival.

Return to “Birth Control”