Special Groups

We have sections you must join to use. You can see the full list here. Most you can join with a click. The medical and pastoral groups require approval.
Note, some groups were not accepting new members properly. That is fixed.

Sex after Vasectomy

What's available, do's and don'ts.
Forum rules
Post in this section can be seen by guests and search engines.
Sharpshooter284
Cot
Cot

Sex after Vasectomy

Post by Sharpshooter284 »

Are there any changes to sex after a vasectomy? I know from a physical stand point there wouldn't be other than the obvious absence of sperm. I also know that people have described it as better because of not needing to worry about other birth control. I guess the more appropriate question is, mentally, was there any change before/after?
newwifenewlife
Under the stars
Under the stars

Re: Sex after Vasectomy

Post by newwifenewlife »

Sharpshooter284 wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 2:15 pm Are there any changes to sex after a vasectomy? I know from a physical stand point there wouldn't be other than the obvious absence of sperm. I also know that people have described it as better because of not needing to worry about other birth control. I guess the more appropriate question is, mentally, was there any change before/after?
FREEDOM!!! No worries of pregnancy...maybe having to stop and think about BC in the middle of passion.

I got my V in my previous marriage. My DW now loves not worrying about BC because of her reaction to being on BC in her previous marriage. We don't have to be concerned about her becoming pregnant unless God decides he wants to play a bad joke on us at both our ages. :o :( Having a kid graduate in my 70's wouldn't be very funny and she'd be just entering her 60's....let alone hers will be out of the house in a few years. That'd be a long stint as an only child with parents old enough to be your grandparents (my bonus daughters already have that with their bio dad) and the closest 1/2 sibling being 16-17 years older.
Last edited by newwifenewlife on Wed Jan 27, 2021 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Link+Zelda

Post by Link+Zelda »

Getting a vasectomy was one of the best choices we ever made for our sex life, and maybe one of the best choices of my entire life in its entirety.

Although we monitored her cycle to know when we needed barrier methods (condoms), the use of said condoms was still a real drag...causing problems for her (pain from odd rubbing) with our favorite position. Now we use that position all the time without pain and also without the arousal-killing moment of putting the condom on. I imagine the improvements for those previously using hormonal BC could be even more significant.

We noticed no changes to my sexual function whatsoever. Some people claim to notice changes in volume, appearance, and/or smell, but I think that's a small percentage. In terms of the mental, I'll agree with @NWNL and join in the chorus of "FREEDOM!"
-Link+Zelda
Sharpshooter284
Cot
Cot

Thanks. One person told me the orgasam was so much better. I'm sure it's all mental from the freedom

1 week post "op" for me will be Friday. Can't wait to try it out!
Link+Zelda

Post by Link+Zelda »

Sharpshooter284 wrote: Wed Jan 27, 2021 2:58 pm 1 week post "op" for me will be Friday. Can't wait to try it out!
Word of advice--try to use a position that doesn't cause a lot of scrotum/testicle movement. I waited until 9 days after, and although the actual sex act (and orgasm) didn't hurt, several minutes of bouncing around was starting to get uncomfortable. And that's coming from someone who was already doing some long-distance running after 3 days of recovery.

Oh, I just moved this linked thread to the "Birth Control" forum, as it was previously under "On-Topic Chit-Chat". It may be of use to you too:
viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1411
-Link+Zelda
Sharpshooter284
Cot
Cot

Thanks again. My urologist said 7 days. This is marriage #2 for both of us l. We have no kids together and didn't want any(health/age reasons). She is keeping an IUD for cycle reasons(as in there is none). I support her fully in that. We figured being doubled up couldn't hurt!
luvabug99
King bed
King bed

Sex after Vasectomy

Post by luvabug99 »

Just be sure to get tested to confirm all sperm are gone (takes several weeks). I’ve known a few people who never did that and it turned out their procedure didn’t fully work and they got a bonus baby.

The good news is that part of getting to the point of being clear can be “cleaning the pipes” so to speak. Enlist your DW and have fun speeding that process along!

As for my experience, no noticeable difference. DW quitting hormonal BC was a world of difference in a very good way! The downside was not having control over timing of her period. But worth it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
newwifenewlife
Under the stars
Under the stars

Post by newwifenewlife »

Not weeks, months. It was 3 or 6 months before testing again. That was over 22 years ago so I don’t remember much but yes, DO go back for testing and DO use BC until you’re cleared.
GeorgeB
King bed
King bed

Post by GeorgeB »

I echo what others have said. It was a positive life changer and one of the best marriage bed decisions we’ve made.

It made sex a lot better mainly because of no interruptions to put on a condom and no worries about BC failure.

No real physical change that either of us noticed.

I also agree: do the full testing regimen of 3 and 6 months. That way you can be sure that it worked. And it’s fun!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
benny
Double
Double

Post by benny »

Mine felt a little weird at first, it was probably a mental thing but within a few weeks it felt wonderful. Like others said the freedom from pregnancy causes an increase in pleasure and desire for me.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Return to “Birth Control”