Special Groups

We have sections you must join to use. You can see the full list here. Most you can join with a click. The medical and pastoral groups require approval.
Note, some groups were not accepting new members properly. That is fixed.

Co-sleeping and Sex

Parenting and maintaining sexual intimacy, breastfeeding, co-sleeping, and more.
Forum rules
Post in this section can be seen by guests and search engines.
Oldbear
Hammock
Hammock

Re: Co-sleeping and Sex

Post by Oldbear »

SeekingChange wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 8:00 am
Oldbear wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 6:56 am Having sex with the baby in the room? Never crossed our . . . at least my mind . . . a young husband never gave it a thought!! 😁😂
"Never gave it a thought", as in you would never dream of doing it? Or you didn't give it a second thought on there being an issue with it?
😂😂 Never gave it a worrying thought! The combination of being a young, horny husband as our infant baby slept, didn’t hold me/us back! 😂😂
Twue_Wuv
California King
California King

Post by Twue_Wuv »

SeekingChange wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 8:08 pm Do or did any of you co-sleep? If so, how did you make it work with your sex life?

Any tips to help others make it work?

This is not a thread for those to oppose this, if one desires to debate parenting/sleeping practices they are welcome to start another thread.
We never did it. My wife was firmly against it.
Death cannot stop true love. All it can do is delay it for a while.
BHF
Double
Double

Post by BHF »

Currently sharing a bed with our 2-year-old. Done all of the above, and more probably.

We will just keep very quiet or move him temporarily to one of his siblings. No biggie.
Johmson179
Cot
Cot

Post by Johmson179 »

Over the past 7 years we have co-slept with all three kids from 6-10 months after birth, mainly due to my DW breast feeding. With our first child, we usually placed her in a swing or bouncer while we had sex and she slept. By the time our second and third child arrived we upgraded to a king size bed so we had more room have slow quiet sex while co-sleeping.
bandaddie
Queen bed
Queen bed

Post by bandaddie »

When I built our home, I built a sun room next to our bed room.
When the youngest was born, I turned sun room into nursery.
This placed baby close by but not exactly in same room.
The first year of baby's life, I was, in practice, a single daddy with a baby and an invalid adult.
I installed and worked many short cuts which made the job easy.
It all worked for the best.

Return to “Parenting Practice - babies & pre-school”