Special Groups

We have sections you must join to use. You can see the full list here. Most you can join with a click. The medical and pastoral groups require approval.
Note, some groups were not accepting new members properly. That is fixed.

Best Marriage Conferences/Retreats?

What marriage resources have been helpful or encouraging to you?
Forum rules
Post in this section can be seen by guests and search engines.
TheAccountant
Double
Double

Best Marriage Conferences/Retreats?

Post by TheAccountant »

Wife wants to start going to some Christian marriage conferences or retreats every so often. We will be attending a conference through family life next year!

Any others I am missing? Seems like there really aren't too many geared towards specifically marriage health.
SeekingChange

Re: Best Marriage Conferences/Retreats?

Post by SeekingChange »

I haven't been to one but I have a friend who highly recommends the XO Conference.

Family Life does their Weekend to Remember, which I am guessing that may be the one you are attending? But they also have The Art of Marriage, which churches can put on.
God can change what people do, behavioral patterns that have been in play for decades. He can change what we do to cope, to find comfort, to survive conflict, to count. Rahab had done a same old thing for years... and then she did something new.
newwifenewlife
Under the stars
Under the stars

Post by newwifenewlife »

XO Marriage conference can be done in person or streamed. It might be interesting to stream it from a hotel with that expense if traveling to TX was too much.

Sexy Marriage Radio does theirs in June in Dallas Metro area every year.

I think there’s a huge value, whether the content is “great” or not, in just making the priority of investing in your marriage, whether it’s a big one or a local or in-state opportunity. Many large churches do date nights or wknd getaways so check there.
TxGuy
Double
Double

Post by TxGuy »

So we have attended a local church for 16 years. They have their own version of an XO marriage conference every February in Ruidoso, NM. I highly recommend getting to one on a regular basis. A marriage is work and you either out in work every day or you will one day find it might be too late. Make sure you find a great church based one. They have been great for us.
Proudly married for 24 years. Through all the ups and downs we are blessed to be together.

Return to “Marriage Books, Resources, Blogs, Sites”