Post in this section can be seen by guests and search engines.
I’m looking for a good, basic book on improving communication in marriage (or in relationships in general,) something light, without too much technical language, just godly wisdom and how to apply it. And not my college interpersonal communications textbook. Maybe something with appropriate exercises.
…Sounds like I’m describing the book of Proverbs, but we’ve read that one hundreds of times.
Any suggestions? And thank you.
- Posts: 6347
- Joined: Sun Dec 20, 2020 8:45 pm
- Location: All I know is I'm not home yet
It has practical skills for listening and responding to one another incarnationally. It is an 8 week course with a skill for each week. (It works great as a series of "at home date nights!")
https://www.emotionallyhealthy.org/prod ... ants-pack/
Here is chapter one of the Emotionally Healthy Relationships Course as a free preview, so you can get a feel for it:
- Under the stars
- Posts: 3693
- Joined: Sat Jan 09, 2021 9:00 am
- Location: Place colder than I want to be
- NAKED MARRIAGE by Corey Allan and his podcast, SEXY MARRIAGE RADIO. His book is on the myths/truths of marriage and relationships. The podcast is definitely on sex/sexuality and the physical, emotional and relational elements around it along with many questions and topics you'll not here in church. I've been challenged on many occasions to address myself and what's funny was last year, this podcast and his book helped me address some things so much so that my wife "complained" to me unsolicited, "I don't know what's gotten into you but something happened and I'm feeling some pressure to change/grow".
As far as relationships and emotional health, pretty much anything by Henry Cloud is worth reading. Also, books by the Parrotts, Gary Thomas and either of the Smalley's are worth reading. I'm not at home or office and won't be for another two weeks, otherwise, I could be more specific for titles and more authors.