Come As You Are

What marriage resources have been helpful or encouraging to you?
Forum rules
Post in this section can be seen by guests and search engines.
DoveGrey
Fell out of ...
Fell out of ...

Re: Come As You Are

Post by DoveGrey »

strawberryblonde wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 8:04 pm I’ve realized here that I have extremely sensitive brakes and almost no accelerator, not just in regards to sex, but in almost every area. I freeze all the time. There was a time when I thought I could do anything! I don’t really know what caused the change in me, and I’m not sure the cause is worth digging out. I’d just like to know how to get that confidence back. Still reading…
Even if you just think back to the last time you remember being that confident and ask yourself what you were thinking or doing at that time, that might be helpful. Get into that version's headspace and remind yourself why you had that attitude. And then, take a leap sometime soon and do something you wouldn't otherwise do (obviously within reason). If that's who you want to be, go for it. One step at a time.
"She will do him good and not evil
All the days of her life.
"

~23 years and counting~
SeekingChange

Post by SeekingChange »

With the little bit I have read so far, I am recognizing my brakes all the time. I even comment, " you're/it's hitting my brakes"....and my husband has no clue what I am talking about.
God can change what people do, behavioral patterns that have been in play for decades. He can change what we do to cope, to find comfort, to survive conflict, to count. Rahab had done a same old thing for years... and then she did something new.
ShayLuv
Double
Double

Post by ShayLuv »

Thank you for this thread, I have heard of this book, but didnt order it. Didnt know much about it really, the posts really give for lots of good thoughts and discussion and my husband and I like to read books together, I think this will be a good one, thank you!

Return to “Marriage Books, Resources, Blogs, Sites”