Special Groups

We have sections you must join to use. You can see the full list here. Most you can join with a click. The medical and pastoral groups require approval.
Note, some groups were not accepting new members properly. That is fixed.

Abundance of Information

What marriage resources have been helpful or encouraging to you?
Forum rules
Post in this section can be seen by guests and search engines.
TheAccountant
Double
Double

Abundance of Information

Post by TheAccountant »

Does anyone get overwhelmed with the amount of Christian Sex Content? Sometimes I feel like most blogs, books, or training modules are saying 90% of the same stuff, but trying to advertise it being different.
SeekingChange

Re: Abundance of Information

Post by SeekingChange »

I could see it being overwhelming, it's probably why I very much limit my input. I follow very few blogs, and even that can be sporadic. I am not a podcast listener, and frankly I have never been into "self-help" stuff and I am very selective on who I truly listen to and who I allow to influence me.
God can change what people do, behavioral patterns that have been in play for decades. He can change what we do to cope, to find comfort, to survive conflict, to count. Rahab had done a same old thing for years... and then she did something new.
Irnmyk
California King
California King

Post by Irnmyk »

I don't do any other sites like this other than TMB. Who would need to with a site like this?

I don't do podcasts, and will rarely follow a link from this board to some blog (PaulB's for example a few times) or articles linked in posts that pique my interest enough to pursue.

So, I don't feel overwhelmed at all.
David
California King
California King

Post by David »

I'm also quite selective in which blogs I follow, but I agree with the sentiment that there's a bewildering array out there.
Much of it is variations on a theme - frankly there are only so many distinct positions that a man and woman can be in whilst his penis is inside her vagina, and the basic principles of love, respect and communication haven't changed since Adam met Eve.
newwifenewlife
Under the stars
Under the stars

Post by newwifenewlife »

Yes, it’s a lot. It would be more than a full time job just to listen to it all let alone read. I have listened over the past 3 yrs to about 5-6 podcasts on sex & marriage and, at this time, have narrowed it down to two for me. I usually listen on 1.5x speed while driving to work or other activities.

I also receive multiple email/articles from various ministries/podcasts which I value. I may read them all or I may skip the topic on a given day. Sometimes, I save it and play catch up on a night I can’t sleep.

I will also try to stretch myself by listening to or reading things from another viewpoint or a new person just to hear different ideas or hopefully something from a new perspective or research.

Here’s a truth to keep in mind, a wet sponge can’t absorb anymore liquid until it’s wrung out. Sometimes it takes coming back to something or taking a break and applying what we know/have learned before we can absorb anything else.

Return to “Marriage Books, Resources, Blogs, Sites”