Special Groups

We have sections you must join to use. You can see the full list here. Most you can join with a click. The medical and pastoral groups require approval.
Note, some groups were not accepting new members properly. That is fixed.

Up Late-Cant fall back asleep-Too in the mood

Forum rules
Post in this section ARE NOT be seen by guests and search engines.
TheAccountant
Queen bed
Queen bed

Up Late-Cant fall back asleep-Too in the mood

Post by TheAccountant »

Hey everyone soooo what does everyone do to try to fall back asleep when it seems almost impossible because of certain feelings or thoughts?

I really don't need to wake my wife up because she is still getting very little sleep at nights with the baby.

I'm literally wired, but I don't need to try to get up or stay up either. It's 2:24 am. I have already cleaned my phone up, deleted emails, blurry photos etc. Now I need to get a few more hours asleep at least to have a productive day tomorrow or later today 💀🤣. Is it just one of those things we are all to experience at one time?
footnassman
Double
Double

Re: Up Late-Cant fall back asleep-Too in the mood

Post by footnassman »

Having had four children with my amazing wife, I know....I know what you are feeling. I respect the fact that your wife isnt getting much/great sleep, and you dont think it appropriate to wake her. Moms have it far harder than we do as far as devoting so much of themselves into meeting the needs of others. I am married to an amazing wife and Mom...when the children are young, it is hard for her to get out of "Mom mode". As time goes on, it is easier to help her get into "wife mode"....I say that to provide some level of understanding of your situation and hope that things will shift. Hang in there....

Now, for the dilemma. I am dumb enough, and new enough here to offer what might be an unpopular opinion...

Masturbate.

To try to win some back that I have just offended, make your wife, and your times together with your wife, the focus of your thoughts as you do.

Like always, I could become long(er) winded here....but, I am going to choose to leave it here and let others weigh in with their own thoughts, or critiques.
newwifenewlife
Under the stars
Under the stars

Post by newwifenewlife »

Besides doing what you did about cleaning up email, crunching numbers, and scrolling, I'll also pray and specifically ask God, "Ok, I'm awake right now, who do you want me to pray for?"
SeekingChange

Post by SeekingChange »

footnassman wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 2:29 am Now, for the dilemma. I am dumb enough, and new enough here to offer what might be an unpopular opinion...

Masturbate.

To try to win some back that I have just offended, make your wife, and your times together with your wife, the focus of your thoughts as you do.
This is what my husband does, even if it's not always successful.
God can change what people do, behavioral patterns that have been in play for decades. He can change what we do to cope, to find comfort, to survive conflict, to count. Rahab had done a same old thing for years... and then she did something new.
footnassman
Double
Double

Post by footnassman »

SeekingChange wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 6:32 am
footnassman wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 2:29 am Now, for the dilemma. I am dumb enough, and new enough here to offer what might be an unpopular opinion...

Masturbate.

This is what my husband does, even if it's not always successful.
Its what almost all men do, I am willing to bet....even the ones who wont admit it......(jmo...but I am right in having it) :-)
CTim
Queen bed
Queen bed

Post by CTim »

I'll agree with the above posts - sometimes works. Another thing that works for me occasionally is prayer. I'm a little ashamed to admit it, but it can often put me right to sleep.
SeekingChange

Post by SeekingChange »

CTim wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 8:39 amAnother thing that works for me occasionally is prayer. I'm a little ashamed to admit it, but it can often put me right to sleep.
Nothing to be ashamed about, Scripture says Jesus is our peace and He is our rest. God is our refuge and our Comforter. Is there really a better way to fall asleep, as we place our trust in Him and He holds us?
God can change what people do, behavioral patterns that have been in play for decades. He can change what we do to cope, to find comfort, to survive conflict, to count. Rahab had done a same old thing for years... and then she did something new.
Olorin
California King
California King

Post by Olorin »

Sex/masturbation can sometimes make me more awake.

To help distract my mind I listen to the radio or a podcast that is not 'too' interesting. It works sort of like 'background noise' and most times helps me relax enough to drift off.

Also, I find that regular exercise helps me sleep better at night.

I have also used melatonin on nights when I think I will have trouble sleeping.
Casey1
Single
Single

Post by Casey1 »

footnassman wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 2:29 am Having had four children with my amazing wife, I know....I know what you are feeling. I respect the fact that your wife isnt getting much/great sleep, and you dont think it appropriate to wake her. Moms have it far harder than we do as far as devoting so much of themselves into meeting the needs of others. I am married to an amazing wife and Mom...when the children are young, it is hard for her to get out of "Mom mode". As time goes on, it is easier to help her get into "wife mode"....I say that to provide some level of understanding of your situation and hope that things will shift. Hang in there....

Now, for the dilemma. I am dumb enough, and new enough here to offer what might be an unpopular opinion...

Masturbate.

Like always, I could become long(er) winded here....but, I am going to choose to leave it here and let others weigh in with their own thoughts, or critiques.
Absolutely. Some have said that it wakes you up more, but even so… focusing on her, and resolving your desire go a long ways towards better sleep.
footnassman
Double
Double

Post by footnassman »

Casey1 wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 5:38 am
footnassman wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 2:29 am
Masturbate.

Absolutely. Some have said that it wakes you up more, but even so… focusing on her, and resolving your desire go a long ways towards better sleep.

Thanks, Im glad you agree.

I laugh at the fact that to some it wakes them up more....for me, though for the very short time it might energize me....THAT is for the very short time....because soon after orgasm, the post orgasm high settles in, and the peace that follows is nature's best tranquilizer. Sleep comes so easily...

Casey1, thanks for chiming in. It is wonderful to learn there are like minded people here.

Return to “On-Topic Chit-Chat”