Special Groups

We have sections you must join to use. You can see the full list here. Most you can join with a click. The medical and pastoral groups require approval.
Note, some groups were not accepting new members properly. That is fixed.

Stimulant Medication for ADHD

Low or no sex drive?
Forum rules
Post in this section can be seen by guests and search engines.
TheAccountant
Double
Double

Stimulant Medication for ADHD

Post by TheAccountant »

Has anyone had any experience on how ADHD medication had affected their marriage or sex life? I feel like mine increased desire right off the bat, but now I feel like it decreased it and made me depressed. Not sure if it's been that or just a hard week. Any other people struggle with ADHD?
SeekingChange

Re: Stimulant Medication for ADHD

Post by SeekingChange »

My husband has 4 out of the 7 types of ADD (according to Amen Clinic). He has never medicated, but has started trying to treat it by diet in the past 2-3 years.
God can change what people do, behavioral patterns that have been in play for decades. He can change what we do to cope, to find comfort, to survive conflict, to count. Rahab had done a same old thing for years... and then she did something new.
Pearl
Cot
Cot

Post by Pearl »

@SeekingChange, I'm almost positive my husband has ADHD. After watching some YouTube videos about what that looks like in adults he sheepishly agreed he probably does. We need to figure out where to go to get evaluated that won't cost an arm and a leg. But he is dead set on no meds... I don't like the idea of relying on them either, but I'm more open minded about trying them if they work. That being said, what are some things that your husband has found successful in his diet and life?
SeekingChange

Post by SeekingChange »

Pearl wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 5:46 pmWe need to figure out where to go to get evaluated that won't cost an arm and a leg. But he is dead set on no meds... I don't like the idea of relying on them either, but I'm more open minded about trying them if they work. That being said, what are some things that your husband has found successful in his diet and life?
Check out AmenClinics.com (this link should take you directly to more about ADD and the 7 Types.) I know this doctor has two or three websites. I believe he has a test one can take, but I am not sure if it's free on a site or if it was part of the course. And then he has a course, that costs a minimal amount. I think my husband paid somewhere between $75-$89. In that course is where you learn about what helps and what diet to try/do.

Depending on the type of ADD can affect the diet... but almost all the diets include no sugar, no caffeine, and low carb. Sleep and exercise is also important.
God can change what people do, behavioral patterns that have been in play for decades. He can change what we do to cope, to find comfort, to survive conflict, to count. Rahab had done a same old thing for years... and then she did something new.

Return to “Lack of Desire”