Special Groups

We have sections you must join to use. You can see the full list here. Most you can join with a click. The medical and pastoral groups require approval.
Note, some groups were not accepting new members properly. That is fixed.

Penile Implant

Erectile dysfunction, premature ejaculation, delay...
Forum rules
Post in this section can be seen by guests and search engines.
alexschulze
Queen bed
Queen bed

Penile Implant

Post by alexschulze »

Would you consider Penile Implant as an Option for ED?
Dale
Board Czar
Board Czar

Re: Penile Implant

Post by Dale »

I've seriously considered it in the past and would again if need be. The urologist I went to talked me out of an implant in favor of injections. I wasn't sure at all, as I had sold myself on getting an implant, but I have been happy with the injections, which give me a consistent and trustworthy erection with no side effects, unlike ED meds which messed me up.

We had a Moderator on the old boards whose father got an implant and was happy with it, if I remember right.

Dale
PaulB
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by PaulB »

If nothing else worked, absolutely. It's usually the last option because of the cost and the (rather minor) risk that comes with any surgery.
Happily married for 36 years and living the good life near two of our grandsons!

Marriage and Sex Educator & Blogger
The Generous HusbandThe XY Code
Dale
Board Czar
Board Czar

Post by Dale »

It's not just the cost and risk. An implant destroys any chance for a natural erection, and from what I gathered in research, the implant also decreases the penis length somewhat.

Now, those may not be deal-breakers for a guy who can't get any type of erection anymore anyway, but it is a pretty significant surgical intervention.

Dale
reh11boc
Cot
Cot

Post by reh11boc »

Go for it if you get to the point you’re ready for it. I went through decades (yes, I said decades of ED). Finally had enough and got mine 6 years ago. Was one of the Best decisions I ever made. Medical insurance didn’t cover it per-se. However, to my delight they covered a good amount of the fees such as hospital charges and anesthesiologist. Out of pocket was $1,500?? It’s worked wonderfully, and flawlessly. Go for it if/when you feel ready. You Won’t regret it.

Return to “Male Orgasm Difficulties/Erectile Dysfunction”