Weak orgasms post vasectomy?

Erectile dysfunction, premature ejaculation, delay...
Forum rules
Post in this section can be seen by guests and search engines.
Southern-Papa
Cot
Cot

Weak orgasms post vasectomy?

Post by Southern-Papa »

Over 40, married almost a decade and a half, dad of five.

I got a vasectomy a few years ago. Ever since my climaxes seem to have gotten weaker in intensity. A lot of time it’s like I go straight from plateau to resolution and skip the climax stage (though I am ejaculating).

Could this be a testosterone problem? Something to do with the vasectomy? Do I need to do more kegels?
newwifenewlife
Under the stars
Under the stars

Re: Weak orgasms post vasectomy?

Post by newwifenewlife »

I’ve never heard of that, nor has it been my experience. I had my V done 23 yrs ago and am now in my mid-50s without issue…before my divorce, a decade of singleness, and now an active marriage bed after remarrying.

-Kegels? That could certainly help the muscles
-Testosterone? What’s your sex drive like? Talked to a doctor?
-General health and weight?
-Prostate health? Had it chk’d?

It also seems to me a quick call to a vasectomy office/doc might give you an answer about whether it’s common or not, possibilities of issues, and next steps.
Southern-Papa
Cot
Cot

Post by Southern-Papa »

Drive is fine, no change there! I’d considered the prostate thing but not seriously since I’m in my early 40s still. I might call my urologist soon to see if they have any ideas. Any further help from here would be appreciated though!
newwifenewlife
Under the stars
Under the stars

Post by newwifenewlife »

Southern-Papa wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 5:51 am ...I’d considered the prostate thing but not seriously since I’m in my early 40s still. I might call my urologist soon to see if they have any ideas...
While you are in your early 40's, I was told after my last colonoscopy that prostate health issues are starting to trend earlier. I actually had some pre-polyps in my mid 40's and the last time in, besides telling me they're finding things earlier that they are starting to generally screen more in the 40's AND now because of that, they are even recommending 30's if a parent has had issues.
bandaddie
Queen bed
Queen bed

Post by bandaddie »

I had a vasectomy after our last child. Doc said another pregnancy could kill her and had to be avoided at all cost. The last child birth almost did kill her.
Vasectomy had no effect what so ever on my orgasms or sex drive.
EXCEPT;
It permitted for more spontaneous sex, not having to fumble with condoms. Freedom is a major turn-on.
"The pill" was not particularly good for her so freeing her of this had a most positive effect.
There is evidence pill had negative effect on her sex drive along with other side effects.
It has been close to 20 years.
bandaddie
Queen bed
Queen bed

Post by bandaddie »

Southern-Papa wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 4:49 am Over 40, married almost a decade and a half, dad of five.

Congratulations. This sounds like fun.

I got a vasectomy a few years ago. Ever since my climaxes seem to have gotten weaker in intensity. A lot of time it’s like I go straight from plateau to resolution and skip the climax stage (though I am ejaculating).

This is a common complaint among men your age. It will only become more noticeable with continuing age.

Could this be a testosterone problem? Something to do with the vasectomy? Do I need to do more kegels?
It is function of age, not vasectomy.
Things which help make things better;
Maintain proper weight and level of health.
Get much good, sweat inducing exercise, an hour or more each day.
Avoid over eating. Eat a well balanced diet. Meat? No meat? The answer is up to you. Just avoid all excess.
Do not smoke.
Avoid excessive alcohol. If you feel it, it is excessive.
I am approaching 70, had a vasectomy. I maintain these rules and have no complaints. I also know and understand my limits. I am not 21 any more.
Deleted User 225

Post by Deleted User 225 »

I do not have a vasectomy, but I've developed the exact same problem in the last year and I am just north of 40, so I'm also interested in suggestions to fix this.
Southern-Papa
Cot
Cot

Post by Southern-Papa »

In the last few months I’ve figured out it may just be both our anatomy as we get older. I enjoy it more now with spooning (wow!) and WOT (good to great). She still prefers the latter or me on top but we make it work. Still trying to do kegels from time to time.

Return to “Male Orgasm Difficulties/Erectile Dysfunction”