What about circumcision?

Erectile dysfunction, premature ejaculation, delay...
Forum rules
Post in this section can be seen by guests and search engines.
chicocoke
Single
Single

Re: What about circumcision?

Post by chicocoke »

A late 60's child, I too am cut. Growing up I only knew of two male friends who were not cut. The rest of my friends were cut. I personally like the look of it, and have had no known issues of being less sensitive. As an adult, I've seen many uncut, and never think anything of either choice our parents made with the medical knowledge they were subjected to . I think the debate, for the most part, is overrated. Enjoy what you have, I say.
MiddleMan
King bed
King bed

Post by MiddleMan »

Interesting discussion. I was circumcised at birth, as most males my age are. When our first son was born (1995) the doctor asked if we wanted to circumcise. I had always taken it as given that he would be. The doctor was for it and I had just read B.B. King's autobiography and he talks about how he had to have it done late in life because of infections so we had it done. My wife was telling her mom about this all and she said, "Your father never had any problems." DW had no idea her father was uncut and was a bit embarrassed at finding out! All our sons are.
TxGuy
Queen bed
Queen bed

Post by TxGuy »

As a male born in the 60’s I was circumcised. I am certainly glad they did it for me. I had my son in ‘92 and we chose to have him circumcised too. My DW’s first husband was not. He always had issues. I don’t remember ever seeing others in the locker room so I didn’t ever think anything of it. I can say I would never wish to be uncut as I’m perfectly happy with it and so is DW. That’s all that matters to me.
Proudly married for 25 years. Through all the ups and downs we are blessed to be together.
Deleted User 1395

Post by Deleted User 1395 »

No sons. Frankly never thought about being circumsized, or its pros or cons, or any aspect of it. It is what it is. T
Will 103
Double
Double

Post by Will 103 »

MiddleMan wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 12:43 pm Interesting discussion. I was circumcised at birth, as most males my age are. When our first son was born (1995) the doctor asked if we wanted to circumcise. I had always taken it as given that he would be. The doctor was for it and I had just read B.B. King's autobiography and he talks about how he had to have it done late in life because of infections so we had it done. My wife was telling her mom about this all and she said, "Your father never had any problems." DW had no idea her father was uncut and was a bit embarrassed at finding out! All our sons are.

Uncut males in Europe have a very low incidence of reported complications but in the US it is often mentioned by men that they have heard of someone who had to get circumcised as an adult.
PaulB
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by PaulB »

Will 103 wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 7:06 pmUncut males in Europe have a very low incidence of reported complications but in the US it is often mentioned by men that they have heard of someone who had to get circumcised as an adult.
European parents are taught how to properly care for an uncut son. Here not so much. Trying to pull the foreskin back to wash can do damage. You have to wait for it to release, which can be at puberty in many.
Happily married for 37 years and living the good life near two of our grandsons!

Marriage and Sex Educator & Blogger
The Generous HusbandThe XY Code
sayayo7565
Single
Single

Post by sayayo7565 »

Uncut and would not circumcize my children. I find it unethical to do irreversible mutilation on an healthy, perfect body.

I wouldn't tattoo my newborn baby - "I want him to look like me and he won't remember the pain as a newborn".
bandaddie
King bed
King bed

Post by bandaddie »

It is nothing.
I am from a conservative Muslim family.
There is considerable debate about it in the Islamic world. Some Islamic leaders are now saying there is no written law requiring it. Others point out it is part of the oral laws.
Traditionally, it is performed any time from several days after birth to age 15 years, usually when the boy is around 6 or 7 years old.
My father ordered it done to me when I was 14. By then, we were in USA. I am the eldest of 5 siblings, an obedient son, trained with a sense of duty. I gave it no further thought at the time. It just happened. At about the same time, I went through a traditional celebration which marked my coming of age into man-hood. Circumcision was a part of this. I may have felt a bit proud of this turning point in my life. Yes, it was painful, however, all pain is transitory so this matters not at all.
Decades later; Saved through our Lord and Savior, Jesus. It makes no difference. It neither makes nor takes away from my salvation. Paul of Tarsus wrote of this.
It has no effect on my psychological state or my self-image.
I can not say it contributes to or takes away sensitivity. I doubt it made any change in function. Functionality is rather satisfactory for all concerned.
I am told it decreases my chances of infection, HIV, HPV and all of the various STDs. In as much as we are so very monogamous, this has no bearing in our lives.
Wife says; his penis was the first I ever saw in my life. This was on our wedding night. I thought it was the most beautiful thing I had ever seen. We lack nothing.

Return to “Male Orgasm Difficulties/Erectile Dysfunction”