lower back pain after sex

Painful intercourse, pain with sexual activity, and pain that prevents sex or makes sex difficult.
Forum rules
Post in this section can be seen by guests and search engines.
Freakincurrey
Cot
Cot

lower back pain after sex

Post by Freakincurrey »

I have a fairly minor issue. every time me and my wife have sex I have some lower back pain the next day.
Its not too bad but I'm only 29 and I imagine it only gets worse.
I was wondering if anyone one else here has some exersizes or stretches they do to prevent this.
any advise is welcome.
-Thanks
Crow
California King
California King

Re: lower back pain after sex

Post by Crow »

Where is exactly is the pain? I am prone to injury after working my legs, such as after a rigorous bike ride. It occasionally is severe and debilitating. A physical therapist said that I was very stiff and needed to stretch. The root cause was tight glutes. Stretching before and after exercise reduces the chance of injury and helps me to recover if I do injure myself. My pain tends to be a little off to the side. It’s in the Lowe back area, but not the extreme lower back like in the sciatica area.

You can likely find suggestions online for stretching the glutes. I lie on my back and pull one knee at a time toward my chest. It’s extremely important that I not tilt my hips because that will strain my back muscles even more and cause further injury. I don’t know if will help in your case, but I thought that I’d mention what works for me.
Paradox
Hammock
Hammock

Re: lower back pain after sex

Post by Paradox »

Freakincurrey wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2024 6:23 pm I have a fairly minor issue. every time me and my wife have sex I have some lower back pain the next day.
Its not too bad but I'm only 29 and I imagine it only gets worse.
I was wondering if anyone one else here has some exersizes or stretches they do to prevent this.
any advise is welcome.
-Thanks
There are a couple of back issues that come to mind with your symptoms, including lumbar sponydlosis and/or spondylolisthesis. Wife on top should prevent your pain, but, if not, you should see your doctor. If this is your condition, you may need some preventive back support and caution when doing heavy lifting.

Return to “Pain during or preventing sex”