Wife has pain after intercourse

Painful intercourse, pain with sexual activity, and pain that prevents sex or makes sex difficult.
Forum rules
Post in this section can be seen by guests and search engines.
Indianajones
Cot
Cot

Wife has pain after intercourse

Post by Indianajones »

Hey, this is a little exhaustive, but I want to try to outline every facet of it.
We've been married for almost six months.
We've had some amazing sex.
But we have some reoccurring issues.

My wife has ulcerative colitis, which affects a lot of things.
My wife experiences abdominal pain/cramps almost immediately after sex when we use a missionary position with me on top. This is every time I can remember. It's not during sex, and she orgasms fine, but the pain sets in almost immediately after we're done. And it lasts for hours. They are similar to period cramps, but in different parts of her abdomen.

When we do rear entry, it doesn't hurt. But she also doesn't orgasms from behind. (I come way too fast from behind)

My guess is the thrusting is causing it. (I'm like 150 pounds, and I'm really skinny, so I don't think it's excessive weight)

She also struggles with some temporary pain while entering and exiting sometimes, but this really varies more than the other pain. I think it's a remnant of not knowing what we were doing early on, and having some painful experiences.

I am convicted I haven't searched hard enough for a solution to her pain, and hoped it would go away. But I finally grasped it in my head that this isn't going to go away, and I want to investigate until I find a solution.

Anyone have ideas?

I'm not really sure what kind of professional to go to, but I'm down to go to one. We went to a OB/GYN and she said everything was fine physically.
PaulB
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Wife has pain after intercourse

Post by PaulB »

I would suggest trying other positions. See if you can find one that allows her to orgasm but not have pain after.

Her on top might work. Or her on the edge of the bed lying back, you standing between her legs which you hold.

I'd also suggest a good dose of lubricant.

If you can't make this work, work on giving her an orgasm before and/or after rear entry.
Happily married for 37 years and living the good life near two of our grandsons!

Marriage and Sex Educator & Blogger
The Generous HusbandThe XY Code
SLS
California King
California King

Post by SLS »

PaulB wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 10:32 am If you can't make this work, work on giving her an orgasm before and/or after rear entry.
I second this suggestion. You can also work on ways to bring her to orgasm in this position. Use of a vibrator or you reaching around to manually stimulate the clitoris could help her orgasm without large amounts of thrusting.
Happily married to Serafina for 7 years. She is my Venus. ::luv2
MiddleMan
King bed
King bed

Post by MiddleMan »

My DW had pain after orgasms starting shortly after we were married and it was caused by the birth control pill.

Return to “Pain during or preventing sex”