Special Groups

We have sections you must join to use. You can see the full list here. Most you can join with a click. The medical and pastoral groups require approval.
Note, some groups were not accepting new members properly. That is fixed.

Creativity after childbirth

How do pregnancy and the first year after birth impact a couples sexuality?
Forum rules
Post in this section can be seen by guests and search engines.
Marbles
Double
Double

Re: Creativity after childbirth

Post by Marbles »

Delivering a baby is a major physical, hormonal, psychological, and life change. I was ready for sex sooner following major surgery than I was after childbirth. Add lochia, constantly interrupted sleep and establishing breastfeeding, and it makes me grateful my DH took care of things in the shower. I think the Mosaic laws really had something right in giving women a break after having a baby.

LBD
On the floor
On the floor

Post by LBD »

Do whatever she is willing and able to do and be grateful for that. I can't remember what or if we did anything nor when it resumed. I'm betting you won't either.
It is usually futile to try to talk facts and analysis to people who are enjoying a sense of moral superiority in their ignorance. -Thomas Sowell
::dog
Joma1113
Single
Single

Post by Joma1113 »

To clarify, at least after our daughter was born, she would offer to do things for me. I never pressured her or even asked, nor will I after the new baby is born. We took things very slowly even after she had healed up enough, but she has a very healthy sexual appetite - sometimes more so than I do.
Wheat48
King bed
King bed

Post by Wheat48 »

As others have mentioned, it is a crazy time. One thing I would try is to get in bed naked and lay on your sides, with your wife as little spoon. Give her a back rub and caress her.  Then you can lube her thighs and thrust between them. This requires no energy expenditure from her, and can still be very bonding, as you are both getting caring, and loving touch
Ron
California King
California King

Post by Ron »

Very good answser! As long as you don't try to turn it to sex for her, she will enjoy the snuggling and back rub.
Tantalum
Queen bed
Queen bed

Post by Tantalum »

We did the same: DW very generously offered her "helping hand" after our son was born.

In hindsight after childbirth DW had more of a psychological / emotional barrier to sex than physical (she had a fairly easy time), so I would agree with @LBD - do whatever she is willing and go with that. If she offers to do things for you - great!
Onemoretry
Single
Single

Post by Onemoretry »

I would have gladly accepted anything my wife would have offered but the reality for me was from the time she got pregnant until 8-12 weeks after giving birth my wife wanted nothing to do anything sexual.

I wish you the best with the new baby.

Return to “Pregnancy and Post-partum”