How long after giving birth?

How do pregnancy and the first year after birth impact a couples sexuality?
Forum rules
Post in this section can be seen by guests and search engines.
newwifenewlife
Under the stars
Under the stars

Re: How long after giving birth?

Post by newwifenewlife »

DoveGrey wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 7:44 pm I don't think that's all that bad. Especially not after my experience with my PP roommate after my second. Her boyfriend visited in the evening and attempted PIV with her the day after she gave birth via c-section. With me in the room. I mashed that nurse call button so quickly....
:o Some people. :lol: I am both in shock and laughing so hard with tears at that story. I can only imagine.
KatieMarie
On the floor
On the floor

Post by KatieMarie »

Tantalum wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 5:54 am
KatieMarie wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 5:45 am I’m a new mom. Honestly, I didn’t think about any kind of sexual anything for the first month. But I also didn’t think much about myself either.
Yeah, I completely get it.
When you become a mom, it’s a total change. Nothing can prepare you for it emotionally. I saw that with my wife. So I guess for most women sex is just the last thing on your mind.
For the man it’s a bit different because despite everything, after a while things just get a bit… tense down there.
So I’ve heard. But I mean sleep isn’t exactly easy to get, because the baby needs a lot of attention. It isn’t like the movies where the new mom looks rested and has energy. So yeah, sex isn’t high on the list of priorities.
Living my Happily Ever After with my amazing husband and our beautiful daughter.
DoveGrey
Under the stars
Under the stars

Post by DoveGrey »

newwifenewlife wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 6:07 am
DoveGrey wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2023 7:44 pm I don't think that's all that bad. Especially not after my experience with my PP roommate after my second. Her boyfriend visited in the evening and attempted PIV with her the day after she gave birth via c-section. With me in the room. I mashed that nurse call button so quickly....
:o Some people. :lol: I am both in shock and laughing so hard with tears at that story. I can only imagine.
Yeah, I kind of wish I had video of that. I was about 8 hours post delivery, sleep deprived, eyes bugged out and slamming that button 47 times like it was going to make a difference. Visiting hours in our room ended real quick after that. I'm sure the whole thing made quite the picture.

Poor thing. She was 20, on her second baby by as many guys, and the first dad kept calling to threaten to leave their toddler with her all night (in the hospital) because he had "stuff to do." Her doctor had a convo with her the next day about an IUD, probably after hearing about what happened the night before. I think about her every year on my son's birthday and pray she's okay.
Myers-Briggs INFJ - The Advocate

"She will do him good and not evil
All the days of her life.
"

~24 years and counting~
Brynna
Fell out of ...
Fell out of ...

Post by Brynna »

We always waited about 6 weeks after birth. We always tried it out before my 6 week check up.

But @Dove Grey's story reminds me of what happened after the birth of one of our children.i was sharing a room with a lady, whose baby was born minutes before ours. We had a curtain dividing us. Her husband and other children came to visit that evening. (Our babies were born very early morning). In the course of the visit, he leaned over the bed. (We could see the silhouette, lol) The husband said, in a different language....shall I hop on you again? It happened to be my husband's second langauge so he understood.
proverbs519man
California King
California King

Post by proverbs519man »

People missed my entire point.

I was never talking about intercourse.

I was talking about sexual activities in general. My wife gave me a blowjob the day after our latest was born for example.
Paradox
Hammock
Hammock

Post by Paradox »

After all our children, I received a BJ or HJ within the first week. She enjoyed pleasuring me while I sucked the "left-overs" from her breasts. She found breast feeding very arousing, and she liked to masturbate after breast feeding.
This made her hungry for me, as well. We did wait six weeks for PIV.

Return to “Pregnancy and Post-partum”