Medical Marijuana for Menopause Symptoms

Menopause - how it impacts your health, your sexuality, and your life in general.
Forum rules
Post in this section can be seen by guests and search engines.
Earl
Queen bed
Queen bed

Medical Marijuana for Menopause Symptoms

Post by Earl »

DW has been having increased menopause-related issues, mainly insomnia, anxiety and mood changes. It doesn't seem to impact her libido directly, but these symptoms end up being blockers. She is considering looking into getting a medical marijuana prescription. Anyone have experience with this they could share?
David
California King
California King

Re: Medical Marijuana for Menopause Symptoms

Post by David »

I don't have any direct experience, but there's not much of an evidence base for cannabis. This is largely due to drugs laws making it difficult to do the research, so maybe in 10 years time we'll have the evidence.
In the meantime, I would prefer to stick to more conventional treatments. HRT is a safe and effective treatment for menopause symptoms, which would be the first option I would look at.
Deleted User 2085

Post by Deleted User 2085 »

Judging from the flood of ads for cannabis and the many claims, it has become this generation's snake oil.
So far as using for menopause symptoms;
It has long been known to dry out the mucus membranes. This is why "the munchies" happen. This is probably a must to avoid during and after menopause.
thop
Single
Single

Post by thop »

Earl wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 6:08 pm DW has been having increased menopause-related issues, mainly insomnia, anxiety and mood changes. It doesn't seem to impact her libido directly, but these symptoms end up being blockers. She is considering looking into getting a medical marijuana prescription. Anyone have experience with this they could share?

Did you ever try the THC?
Mid 50's aged wife to a wonderful husband of 35+ years. Trying to squeeze all the lovin' we can in with the years we have left. ❤️
Earl
Queen bed
Queen bed

Post by Earl »

No, we didn't. DW is finally getting her hormones evaluated by someone besides her Ob/Gyn. Will see if HRT is needed. I'm frustrated that it took this long to do something more than keep the house like a fridge to combat the hot flashes.
thop
Single
Single

Post by thop »

I have just started trying edibles with THC and CBD. I had never been "high" before. This is not guaranteeing my O, but, it is really helping the sensations and my sleep has been wonderful. Again, just beginning the journey and not sure if I'll keep taking them, but it has definitely made improvements in my reactions.
Mid 50's aged wife to a wonderful husband of 35+ years. Trying to squeeze all the lovin' we can in with the years we have left. ❤️
Earl
Queen bed
Queen bed

Post by Earl »

Good to know. Sleep has been a major challenge with DW. Have you found any way to maximize good sleep with minimal side effects?
Katydid
Double
Double

Post by Katydid »

I tried it for perimenopause, but turns out I'm allergic! I get very sick on it, even non-thc CBD.

It may be helpful. It may not. It may cause more problems than it solves. It may have undesirable side-effects. It may be the miracle she needs.

Maybe try non-thc CBD products, first. Or try the gummies or chocolates, tinctures or what have you. If you're looking for a source of safe, honest, quality products, I suggest Veteran's Hemp Market. You can email them and get good answers, too. There are so many pop-up "dispensaries" and other sham places that are just in it to cash in on the trend that you really have to be careful from whom and what products you get.
thop
Single
Single

Post by thop »

Earl wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2024 12:40 pm Good to know. Sleep has been a major challenge with DW. Have you found any way to maximize good sleep with minimal side effects?
I just take it an hour before I'm ready for bed, so when it hits my system, I'm already laid down for the night. We do a lot of sexual touching/rubbing/ massage, most of the time ending with intercourse. Then, great sleep. I have the prescription to see if it would help with the sexual response issues I was having. The great sleep is a bonus.
Earl
Queen bed
Queen bed

Post by Earl »

Intercourse followed by great sleep; what's not to like! Do you get that locally? I've looked at gummies that you can order online. Any experience on specifics that you can share?

Return to “Menopause”