Has anyone had contact dermatitis from coconut oil?

Menopause - how it impacts your health, your sexuality, and your life in general.
Forum rules
Post in this section can be seen by guests and search engines.
Duchess
Under the stars
Under the stars

Re: Has anyone had contact dermatitis from coconut oil?

Post by Duchess »

Interesting.
Ron
Hammock
Hammock

Post by Ron »

No problems with coconut oil at all. My wife is allergic to pretty much any lube we ever tried, KY, Astroglide and others. No issues at all with coconut oil though and we have used it for lube for nearly 10 years.
David
California King
California King

Post by David »

@oldbear, walnuts technically aren't nuts - the word has a strict botanical definition. It's therefore unsurprising that you can eat true nuts if you're allergic to walnut.

Duchess, if you want to be sure that you're symptoms are caused by coconut oil, you need to stop using coconut oil and wait for the symptoms to clear. You then need to start using coconut oil again to see if the symptoms recur - if they do, it was most likely the coconut oil, if not it was something else and the coconut oil was a coincidence.
Deleted User 2085

Post by Deleted User 2085 »

We were looking for a personal lubricant and tried coconut oil based on numerous recommendations from MB people.
My wife developed infections when we used it. The infections were bacterial but developed later into fungal.
When we stopped using coconut oil and switched to regular K-Y Jelly, the infections stopped.
We then tried one "organic" lubricant and the infection returned. It turned out the lubricant was coconut oil based but improperly labeled. This time, the infection caused her to be admitted to hospital for three days.
She was tested and found to not be allergic to coconut oil.
During the past few years of using K-Y exclusively, she has not had any sort of infection.
I understand, fad and fashion lead to many a sale of snake oil. From here on out, any claims made will be answered by us with a resounding, "Prove it!"
Irnmyk
Blanket on a secluded beach!
Blanket on a secluded beach!

Post by Irnmyk »

The proof is in the pudding for us.

We found CO years ago, and are still with it. We use the unprocessed type for sexual purposes, processed for cooking.

She applies it literally daily, (her approach is "I never know what that old geezer will want, so I'm prepared") and, most days, more than once per day.

Sorry for those of you who don't have good results. I suppose that the same might true for us if we branched out and tried others named here and elsewhere on this Board.
ShayLuv
Queen bed
Queen bed

Post by ShayLuv »

Well a note of thought, as Coconut Oil is Anti Bacterial and Anti Fungal, it does work on your body and absorb in that area and if there is anything going on toxic in your skin it could be bringing it to the surface, thus trying to heal it. Another thought is if you leave it on often, and the skin is overloaded, your pores etc and cant breathe, too much of a good thing. We use it for lube and have for the past yr and have no issues with it and if I feel any discomfort ever I actually insert a little dab inside the vagina. Thats how good it is for you. But Im thinking it might just be build up of oil? If you do use it make sure to clean up afterwards, etc.

Keep us updated! Its our goto and we are happy with it

And as far as the cyst, take epsom salt baths, daily. I put in some frankinsense essential oil also. Good stuff!
TxGuy
Queen bed
Queen bed

Post by TxGuy »

Ditto on the proof is in the pudding. We have used coconut oil for years. There is pretty much no product out there that will work for EVERY person. But coconut oil has proven its worth to many, many people for years and years.
Proudly married for 25 years. Through all the ups and downs we are blessed to be together.
Sygoonda
Queen bed
Queen bed

Post by Sygoonda »

I am not totally positive, but I have noticed that sometimes after using coconut oil for lube during PIV and then really going at it giving her OS, that I will start to have a burning / itchy feeling around My cheeks and chin, but other than that no problems.
Deleted User 2085

Post by Deleted User 2085 »

I do not know if there is a connection;
Any time I ingest coconut, I experience sever acid reflux and a slight burning sensation around my mouth.
Drinking coconut milk gives me a milder reaction, but I still experience the acid reflux.
To me, coconut feels like acid.
Once, during a tropic survival school, I consumed its meat and milk and suffered sever nausea and diarrhea. I was the only member of my team to experience this. All of us ate the same indigenous foods and water and took the same precautions.
I was tested and found not to be allergic. Further testing pointed to the coconut.
Avoiding these substances is easy so it is not an issue.
I had a friend who ran a holistic food store. She told me, these reactions are not possible and there is something spiritually wrong with me. My solution to that: I do not attend the church in which she works as teacher and I do not shop at her store.
My wife, on the other hand, loves coconut and may consume it with no problems. She just should never use its oil as a personal lubrication.
Our lubrication of choice; KY liquid. We both love it and we both think it feels closest to natural.
Sygoonda
Queen bed
Queen bed

Post by Sygoonda »

We have used CO for a few years. There have been a few times when I have noticed a burning/ itching sensation around My mouth after Giving OS to DW after We have used it down there.

Return to “Menopause”