Low-T and effeminacy?

Low testosterone issues, impacts on health & marriage, treatments, etc.
Forum rules
Post in this section can be seen by guests and search engines.
Katydid
Double
Double

Low-T and effeminacy?

Post by Katydid »

I'm beginning to suspect my husband has low T. He's getting more and more effeminate and it takes a while for him to get an erection. For example, he is currently wrapped up in a sill bathrobe in our air conditioned bedroom simultaneously watching TV and his phone while I was outside in the heat and humidity killing a woodchuck I caught in the live trap. I'm more manly than he is, lately. He's also developed that old curmudgeon grumpiness. Does that sound like Low-T?
IndyDad
Double
Double

Re: Low-T and effeminacy?

Post by IndyDad »

How much wood did your woodchuck chuck if your woodchuck was chopping wood?
Katydid
Double
Double

Post by Katydid »

IndyDad wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2024 4:52 pm How much wood did your woodchuck chuck if your woodchuck was chopping wood?
It was stealing my chicken feed. Actually my 4th one in 3 days. After I slaughter and butcher an extra rooster I'll be trapping the rabbits to out in the freezer. I can't bring myself to eat woodchucks, yet, because their waste stinks like rats. Squirrels and rabbits I can eat.
Crow
California King
California King

Post by Crow »

It’s possible. Not all men with low testosterone have the same initial symptoms. I’m on testosterone replacement therapy now, and it’s been wonderful for me. When my levels are low, I was VERY lethargic, depressed, gaining weight, and not very assertive. Physical exertion was unpleasant both emotionally and physically. Going out for to eat with friends or going to a movie was too exhausting. Even getting off the couch took too much effort. My libido and sexual performance were both still strong, though I suspect that they would have eventually faded.

I hated it and wanted it fixed. However, men with low testosterone can be apathetic and stubborn, which can make it very difficult and very frustrating to get the problem fixed. The first step if to get his levels tested.
Paradox
Hammock
Hammock

Post by Paradox »

Low T is possible, but I would recommend he see a Family Practice doctor to talk about depression, also.
stagdoe
King bed
King bed

Post by stagdoe »

With all the GMO and soy ### they're feeding us, I'd bet we'd all be a little/lot low on T. Eating lots or red meat? Not sure the situation. Men are being destroyed in sooo many ways by our society. We're being discouraged from being real men. Propaganda everywhere. This is a huge topic. I think when my wife encourages/compliments the manly things I do, it really builds me up. If things are too easy, we just get lazy. Also there are different natural supplements out there that, for example, open up the blood vessels. Just basic human health where we'd all function at a higher level. I don't know a lot about these, but I'm actually starting to look into it. As I got to my 40s, I noticed a drop in motivation. Also, it was partly due to rethinking what's important to me and my family. This life is a drop in the ocean when thinking about eternity. And what's meaningless here on earth. Looking forward to eternity in heaven. Mid-life not crisis, but re-evaluation. I guess if my wife said there's a woodchuck needs killin' and then said she'd be in a negligee waiting for me, I'd man up and hunt that thing down with extreme prejudice.
Ever_Hopeful
Double
Double

Post by Ever_Hopeful »

Has he recently changed his diet? Is he- or did he become a vegetarian? Is is consumption of soy higher than usual?

Another factor besides testosterone levels is estrogen levels. If a man has higher-than-normal estrogen levels, that can cause the increased effeminate behavior. I would check on foods that influence estrogen levels and encourage him to avoid the ones that raise it.

Elsewhere on this thread someone mentioned soy, which is a common staple in vegetarian diets. He was more focusing on societal factors that tend to feminize women, and he's absolutely right.

Someone once wisely said...
Strong men make good times.
Good times make weak men.
Weak men make hard times.
Hard times make strong men.

Anyway, hope that helps. I'll add you & your DH to my prayer list.

Keep us updated.
Crow
California King
California King

Post by Crow »

Paradox wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2024 7:11 pm Low T is possible, but I would recommend he see a Family Practice doctor to talk about depression, also.
This is a very good point. Low T can cause depression, but he can be depressed without low T.
Nate Luckyman
King bed
King bed

Post by Nate Luckyman »

Ever_Hopeful wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2024 5:44 pm Strong men make good times.
Good times make weak men.
Weak men make hard times.
Hard times make strong men.
That's such a true and insightful quote.
Just a boy in love with the most amazing woman I know.
Katydid
Double
Double

Post by Katydid »

I feel like he is turning into a grumpy old curmudgeon. All he does is complain. His swearing has increased. He comes home from work and even when I greet him at the door with a smile, he storms in and sends the next half an hour b!tching about work. After supper he crawls into bed and stares at a screen until he falls asleep. He'll wake up and whine, piss, and moan about everything going wrong, but won't do anything to solve it. He'll just bark orders about what he thinks should be done or grump about it until someone else just does it to shut him up. I solve all the problems around here. I make the plans and execute them. How he can live with himself being such a pansy is beyond me. We are all so much happier to the point of the children actually cheering when he is gone. Sometimes he has to travel for work and those are our happiest days when he is gone.

He eats a normal, varied, fairly healthy diet. We enjoy plenty of red meat. He may have plunged into depression since his dad died, though this behavior isn't new, only much worse.

He won't admit it, won't see a doctor, but might take a supplement.

Return to “Male Testosterone Issues”