Special Groups

We have sections you must join to use. You can see the full list here. Most you can join with a click. The medical and pastoral groups require approval.
Note, some groups were not accepting new members properly. That is fixed.

Using hCG to Prevent Testicle Size and Sperm Reduction on Testosterone

Low testosterone issues, impacts on health & marriage, treatments, etc.
Forum rules
Post in this section can be seen by guests and search engines.
hoosier52
King bed
King bed

Using hCG to Prevent Testicle Size and Sperm Reduction on Testosterone

Post by hoosier52 »

My CNP was not happy about me using hCG when I first started using her as my PCP. She thought it came from aborted babies. I had to explain to her that it comes from the urine of pregnant women. It is primarily used for women with breast cancer, but it it can also be used off label to treat men on TRT. I inject 500 mg twice weekly.

TRT will cause the testicles to shut down and to shrink. Using hCG will prevent or reverse this. HCG also reduces SHBG which increases Free T which could impact libido.

This video is by Nelsen Vergel. One of the most knowledgeable people I have found on TRT. He also runs both the ExcelMale and Peak Testosterone websites. Both have great info on TRT.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLk0VZG8FXA
SeekingChange

Re: Using hCG to Prevent Testicle Size and Sperm Reduction on Testosterone

Post by SeekingChange »

There was too little benefit for the money for my husband. He tried it, got to the max dosage and still wasn't fully helping the primary reason he was taking it, and we had to ask, "why he is still taking it when he wasn't seeing much benefit?" And the one reason the doctor suggested continuing to take it (to keep pain away in the testis), we decided to experiment with. If my husband found he experienced pain, he would get back on, but he didn't. So we are saving money, and it's one less foreign thing he's injecting into his body.
God can change what people do, behavioral patterns that have been in play for decades. He can change what we do to cope, to find comfort, to survive conflict, to count. Rahab had done a same old thing for years... and then she did something new.
hoosier52
King bed
King bed

Post by hoosier52 »

Many men make the same choice. If you have no pain, are through having kids and you and wife don't care about the size of your testicles, there's no good reason to take it other than it does help increase T levels.
tentsofpurple
King bed
King bed

Post by tentsofpurple »

My husband was taking for several months when we were trying to conceive (he went off testosterone to get his sperm count back) for us insurance didn't cover it, we had to pay for it out of pocket, and it was prohibitively expensive so we were not able to continue with it beyond a few months.
hoosier52
King bed
King bed

Post by hoosier52 »

May I ask how much you were paying? I get mine through Empower Compounding Pharmacy. Estimated cost is about $40/month

Did you check peptide companies? Paradigm has it for $55 for 5000 iu.
MrMarried
King bed
King bed

Post by MrMarried »

hoosier52 wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 3:06 am . I had to explain to her that it comes from the urine of pregnant women.
That makes it not gross. :)

That doesn't sound unethical, like aborted babies, just kind of gross. I remember my mom taking some HRT, probably estrogen, and making a comment that it came from horse urine.

Somewhere out there, there must be some pregnant women who have figured out an easy way to earn a living.

I think the issue is that HCG imitates Lutenizing Hormone (LH). I am not sure why they can't use that hormone, but for some reason it does not reliably trigger testosterone production like the natural stuff does, I think?

Return to “Male Testosterone Issues”