Special Groups

We have sections you must join to use. You can see the full list here. Most you can join with a click. The medical and pastoral groups require approval.
Note, some groups were not accepting new members properly. That is fixed.

Sex & Mental Health

Any sexual problems or difficulties not listed in a specific section.
Forum rules
Post in this section can be seen by guests and search engines.
DoveGrey
California King
California King

Re: Sex & Mental Health

Post by DoveGrey »

This thread... wow. I have so much to say yet don't know how to word it. It reminds me of my inpatient group sessions. So much pain in one place, and yet it is the sharing of that pain that allows for healing.

For all of you who shared, I thank you from the bottom of my heart. This is how we heal, this is how we remove the stigma. I think I've said it here before, but it bears repeating. I never would have waited so long to be treated had (a) the stigma not been there and (b) I had known that there was hope. And there is so much hope. The research and treatments now are so much better than they were even 10 years ago.

For all the spouses, thank you for understanding that this is an illness like any other. It is family support that gets us through, and yet it is so tough for the spouse. You have both my admiration and prayers.

For all who suffer, never stop trying. The road is long and sometimes the pain is great, but the battle is worth it. Once we found the proper meds, once we found the best therapy plan, I have absolutely thrived. I am a far better person than I ever was before. My weakness ended up becoming my strength. People often comment on my empathy. Well, I have it because of this. Romans 8:28 became my motto. He will absolutely bring good through tough times. I would never wish what I went through on anyone, yet nor would I remove it from my life story. It made me who I am today.
Wife of 21 years
Lorelei
Double
Double

Post by Lorelei »

DoveGrey wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 7:26 pm This thread... wow. I have so much to say yet don't know how to word it. It reminds me of my inpatient group sessions. So much pain in one place, and yet it is the sharing of that pain that allows for healing.
I also want to thank everyone who shared. I've come back to reread it all a few times now and tear up every time. Somehow shared pain feels more bearable because the powerful sense of isolation is shaken.

DoveGrey wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 7:26 pmFor all who suffer, never stop trying. The road is long and sometimes the pain is great, but the battle is worth it. Once we found the proper meds, once we found the best therapy plan, I have absolutely thrived. I am a far better person than I ever was before. My weakness ended up becoming my strength. People often comment on my empathy. Well, I have it because of this. Romans 8:28 became my motto. He will absolutely bring good through tough times. I would never wish what I went through on anyone, yet nor would I remove it from my life story. It made me who I am today.
I can't tell you how much hope this gives me, and it's given me another specific way to pray for my DH and for our marriage and marriage bed.
Lorelei
WifeysWarrior
Single
Single

Post by WifeysWarrior »

Lorelei wrote:
WifeysWarrior wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 11:24 pm My wife has PTSD and suffers from depression because of it....
Thanks for the courage to share what are clearly hard things, @WifeysWarrior. I hope you both continue to get the professional help you need and that God strengthens you and gives you grace for the journey.
Thanx so much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Return to “Other Sexual Changes, Challenges Difficulties”