Different Preferences

Any sexual problems or difficulties not listed in a specific section.
Forum rules
Post in this section can be seen by guests and search engines.
DoveGrey
On the floor
On the floor

Re: Different Preferences

Post by DoveGrey »

Are you able to take walks with him? That might help on several levels. The extra weight, of course. But also the mental health benefits. Even 20 minutes daily of an aerobic exercise can have a similar effect to a low dose antidepressant. Released endorphins will help reduce stress levels, and you might both be in a better mood to talk while walking together. You might also find that this time increases your desire for him, although that's less certain than the other effects.
Myers-Briggs INFJ - The Advocate

"She will do him good and not evil
All the days of her life.
"

~23 years and counting~
Sunshine68
Single
Single

Post by Sunshine68 »

DoveGrey wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 10:06 pm Are you able to take walks with him? That might help on several levels. The extra weight, of course. But also the mental health benefits. Even 20 minutes daily of an aerobic exercise can have a similar effect to a low dose antidepressant. Released endorphins will help reduce stress levels, and you might both be in a better mood to talk while walking together. You might also find that this time increases your desire for him, although that's less certain than the other effects.
I have offered to walk with him but he doesn't stick with it and I can't make him do it. Now he is at the point that he can't do much physical activity. He just sits.
DoveGrey
On the floor
On the floor

Post by DoveGrey »

I know you have little desire right now. I do wonder if you were able to commit to initiating once a week, or whatever you feel you could tolerate, if it would help the situation at all. I think of this because he sounds depressed. Do you think initiation on your part might give him enough feelings of validation that he might be more willing to do other things - such as walking, or something else that's productive to your relationship? I know, believe me, that it's hard to initiate when you feel little attraction or when you feel that your partner is being so self absorbed. Only you can know if it would be worth it to give it a try.
Myers-Briggs INFJ - The Advocate

"She will do him good and not evil
All the days of her life.
"

~23 years and counting~

Return to “Other Sexual Changes, Challenges Difficulties”