Special Groups

We have sections you must join to use. You can see the full list here. Most you can join with a click. The medical and pastoral groups require approval.
Note, some groups were not accepting new members properly. That is fixed.

Resources for Women Struggling for Purity

What is lust? What isn't? How can I guard myself...
Forum rules
Post in this section can be seen by guests and search engines.
Hubz
Single
Single

Resources for Women Struggling for Purity

Post by Hubz »

Hey all - got a favor to ask. My wife is mentoring a friend from our church who is dating another guy from our church. Long story short, her friend revealed to her today that there is “another guy” (coworker) in the picture. It’s pretty complicated, but her friend was asking for accountability that she wouldn’t give in to temptation there.

My wife is looking for a Christian book or study to take her through that focuses on fighting for purity, specific from a woman’s perspective (if possible.) Purity in our emotions and thinking and not just sexual.

Any recommendations?

Thanks all!
hastentheday
King bed
King bed

Re: Resources for Women Struggling for Purity

Post by hastentheday »

Hubz wrote: Sun May 23, 2021 9:23 pm
My wife is looking for a Christian book or study to take her through that focuses on fighting for purity, specific from a woman’s perspective (if possible.) Purity in our emotions and thinking and not just sexual.

Any recommendations?

Thanks all!
So, I am not a woman and I have not read the book I am recommending but I trust the blogger and I trust the author listed as I have read much material or listened to podcasts from both of them in the past. Hope this will help and that it is relevant to your wife's mentoring:

The website is:
https://intimacyinmarriage.com/resources/books/

"Every Woman’s Battle: Discovering God’s Plan for Sexual and Emotional Fulfillment"
Shannon Ethridge / WaterBrook Press

This book comes on the heels of the very popular book, Every Man’s Battle. It looks closely at sexual integrity and digs deep into the reality that men aren’t the only ones who struggle with keeping their thoughts and actions pure before the Lord. This book specifically examines the tendency of women to compromise their sexual integrity not by physically committing adultery, but by emotionally and mentally fantasizing about other people and/or unfairly comparing their husbands to other men. Ethridge conveys in her book that if women don’t guard their hearts and minds, they’ll go down a slippery slope of rationalizing sexual thoughts and behavior that can be devastating.
2 Timothy 1:7 "For God has not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind."

Return to “Lust & Immodesty”