Premarital Sex Ultimatum for Post-Marital Sex

What's supposed to happen on the wedding night? Will it hurt? What if I'm not a virgin?
Forum rules
Post in this section can be seen by guests and search engines.
eldorado
Queen bed
Queen bed

Re: Premarital Sex Ultimatum for Post-Marital Sex

Post by eldorado »

I just wasted 15 minutes of my life reading and trying to make sense of this.May the Lord forgive me.
Nate Luckyman
King bed
King bed

Re: Premarital Sex Ultimatum for Post-Marital Sex

Post by Nate Luckyman »

LovingHimAlways wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 5:03 am
Mike smith wrote: Tue Aug 08, 2023 12:44 am If I had known my wife’s feelings about sex, I don’t think there would have been a wedding. Certainly, if I could have seen the future, I’m sure there wouldn’t have been one. However,When one is in love “infatuation,” it is difficult to be honest.
This is an important point to acknowledge. I think many couples, especially the young and inexperienced, don't think about discussing their sexual expectations before the marriage. They may not even have a true idea of what their expectations will be concerning sex.. They are in love and go into the marriage believing they will be on the same page with their partner and all will be hunky-dory.
When we were young, just dating, we were all over each other and essentially thought we'd have sex as often as we could. We had no context for how often we would want sex when we were 30 or 40. So I don't think it's all that likely setting an expectation as a never-married 21 year old would make much sense or still be adhered to decades later.

However, if I was in my 40s and widowed or divorced, we both would have a realistic context of how often we desired sex and I think it would be very fruitful to discuss frequency and specific variety. For instance, I would want to make sure the woman I'm dating knew my desires and expectations. At that stage of life, I can't see myself continuing dating if there's a significant disconnect in expectations, sexual or otherwise. When you're 40+, you just know yourself way better than at 20.
Just a boy in love with the most amazing woman I know.

Return to “What Do I Need to Know About Sex? (Engaged)”