Special Groups

We have sections you must join to use. You can see the full list here. Most you can join with a click. The medical and pastoral groups require approval.
Note, some groups were not accepting new members properly. That is fixed.

Quote question

Rules, how-to’s, and FAQ. Have a question about how the boards work? Here's an answer.
Forum rules
Post in this section can be seen by guests and search engines.
LovingHimAlways
Queen bed
Queen bed

Quote question

Post by LovingHimAlways »

I have a question about the quote feature. I am not a tech savvy person at all. :oops: If I only want to quote a small part of an answer rather than the whole thing, how is that done? Thanks!
Dale
Board Czar
Board Czar

Re: Quote question

Post by Dale »

LovingHimAlways wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:44 pm I have a question about the quote feature. I am not a tech savvy person at all. :oops: If I only want to quote a small part of an answer rather than the whole thing, how is that done? Thanks!
Easiest way is to hit the quote button, then just highlight and delete the parts you don't need. Just make sure you don't delete the text in the [ ].

Dale
LovingHimAlways
Queen bed
Queen bed

Easiest way is to hit the quote button, then just highlight and delete the parts you don't need. Just make sure you don't delete the text in the [ ].

Dale

[/quote]

Thanks Dale, I will try it. :D
SeekingChange

Post by SeekingChange »

Basically you have to have [ quote ][ /quote ] around the text you want to quote, minus the spaces I put behind and before the brackets in both sets. Notice the backslash "/" is what signals the end.

What happened wrong with you trying to quote Dale, you deleted the beginning [ quote ]
God can change what people do, behavioral patterns that have been in play for decades. He can change what we do to cope, to find comfort, to survive conflict, to count. Rahab had done a same old thing for years... and then she did something new.
Link+Zelda

Post by Link+Zelda »

@LovingHimAlways:
I suggest using the edit button to keep trying over and over again until it works. If you use the "Preview" feature, no one will even see your attempts!
-Link+Zelda
PaulB
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by PaulB »

The quote for Dale should look like this:

Code: Select all

[quote=Dale post_id=25647 time=1610680772 user_id=50]

[color=#FF0000]Easiest way is to hit the quote button, then just highlight and delete the parts you don't need.  Just make sure you don't delete the text in the [ ].
Dale
[/color]
[/quote]
Happily married for 36 years and living the good life near two of our grandsons!

Marriage and Sex Educator & Blogger
The Generous HusbandThe XY Code
LovingHimAlways
Queen bed
Queen bed

SeekingChange wrote: Thu Jan 14, 2021 8:56 pm Basically you have to have [ quote ][ /quote ] around the text you want to quote, minus the spaces I put behind and before the brackets in both sets. Notice the backslash "/" is what signals the end.

What happened wrong with you trying to quote Dale, you deleted the beginning [ quote ]

Thanks SC :D I was wondering what I had done wrong. I think i need some practice. :D
SeekingChange

Post by SeekingChange »

LovingHimAlways wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 7:36 am Thanks SC :D I was wondering what I had done wrong. I think i need some practice. :D
You got this one!
God can change what people do, behavioral patterns that have been in play for decades. He can change what we do to cope, to find comfort, to survive conflict, to count. Rahab had done a same old thing for years... and then she did something new.
LovingHimAlways
Queen bed
Queen bed

SeekingChange wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 7:39 am You got this one!
Yes, I did :) My problem is when I only want to quote part of an answer. I'm going to test it on this answer. When I hit the quote button it has my comment and your answer in quotes. I am going to delete my comment and see if it works. I'm sorry I am so not tech savvy! :D

edit: it worked! :D
Irnmyk
Queen bed
Queen bed

Post by Irnmyk »

@LovingHimAlways,

Thanks for asking the question. I've been trying to conquer this too.

But, now that I see the answer, (Thanks Admins) I see why some posters put the whole previous post in a quote - saves all the highlighting and deleting.

I really wish people wouldn't just quote (and thereby repeat) the entire previous previous post, however. But, that's just me.

Return to “Rules, How To's and FAQ's”