Special Groups

We have sections you must join to use. You can see the full list here. Most you can join with a click. The medical and pastoral groups require approval.
Note, some groups were not accepting new members properly. That is fixed.

PMs

Rules, how-to’s, and FAQ. Have a question about how the boards work? Here's an answer.
Forum rules
Post in this section can be seen by guests and search engines.
Deleted User 1917

PMs

Post by Deleted User 1917 »

At what point can newer members send PMs to ask questions and such?
SeekingChange

Re: PMs

Post by SeekingChange »

I believe it is after 10 posts, but PaulB or Dale will have to let us know for sure. It has varied since this started, and I am not positive where it has landed.
God can change what people do, behavioral patterns that have been in play for decades. He can change what we do to cope, to find comfort, to survive conflict, to count. Rahab had done a same old thing for years... and then she did something new.
Beccaloo
King bed
King bed

Post by Beccaloo »

FYI-
If you send a PM to a person & then decide to delete it, they still get notified that you sent a PM.

It has the title "Delete Message" and your name.

I recently changed my mind about sending a PM and thought they'd never know. I only found out the other day when I received a notice saying that a member had sent & deleted a message to me.
benny
King bed
King bed

Post by benny »

I think once you hit send there's no retrieving it. No second chances lol

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

Link+Zelda

Post by Link+Zelda »

I'm not sure about the notifications you're getting (I've never tested it), but I do know that if you send content in a PM that you decide to not share, you can still EDIT the PM you send as long as it is in your Outbox (where it stays until the recipient reads it).
-Link+Zelda
Dale
Board Czar
Board Czar

Post by Dale »

benny wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 9:14 am I think once you hit send there's no retrieving it. No second chances lol
The message you send goes to your Outbox and stays there until the receiver reads it, at which time it moves to your Sent box. As long as it is in your Outbox, you can still delete it. The receiver will get a notice that the PM was deleted by the sender, but they will not be able to read the content. Once the PM is in your Sent box, however, the sender cannot delete it.

Dale
benny
King bed
King bed

Post by benny »

I see, on the phone you don't have an outbox so that would make sense. Thanks for explaining it

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

Return to “Rules, How To's and FAQ's”