Is there a dns issue with qna.themarriagebed.com

Rules, how-to’s, and FAQ. Have a question about how the boards work? Here's an answer.
Forum rules
Post in this section can be seen by guests and search engines.
Mike smith
Double
Double

Re: Is there a dns issue with qna.themarriagebed.com

Post by Mike smith »

For us who are computer illiterate, would you please explain what all the initials mean. I was on the . Com tonight and navigated ok.
SeekingChange

Post by SeekingChange »

Mike smith wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 12:13 am For us who are computer illiterate, would you please explain what all the initials mean. I was on the . Com tonight and navigated ok.
Are you speaking of initials in this specific thread or that you might see throughout TMB?

Just in case it's the latter, there's a page with abbreviations and acronyms: app.php/abbreviations-acronyms
God can change what people do, behavioral patterns that have been in play for decades. He can change what we do to cope, to find comfort, to survive conflict, to count. Rahab had done a same old thing for years... and then she did something new.
Irnmyk
Hammock
Hammock

Post by Irnmyk »

No, I believe that he is asking about the meaning of DNS.
Link+Zelda

Post by Link+Zelda »

DNS = Domain Name Server
ETA = Edited to Add
FYI = For Your Information
IT = Information Technology
QNA (Q&A) = Questions and Answers
TMB = The Marriage Bed

If you're asking about DNS specifically, a domain name server is basically the naming system used to identify computers (and other things) on the internet. It's kind of like a phone book that converts names and similar into a computer address that is all numbers.
-Link+Zelda
Dale
Board Czar
Board Czar

Post by Dale »

Phone books??? Who uses those anymore? What are we, dinosaurs now? :lol: :lol:

Dale
Mike smith
Double
Double

Post by Mike smith »

I had difficulty getting to the surveys for awhile but stumbled through it. That’s the only difficulty. I don’t know if that’s what this DSN is all about. Learning to navigate computers in your 60s 70 s and 80s. Is not easy. Back in the 1990s in my profession, we had many professionals retire rather than deal with computers.
PaulB
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by PaulB »

The Q&A address was redirecting to here. However, our host company is changing over to a new DNS system, and I had to do some changes across our servers to accommodate that. In the process, the redirect must have gotten removed.

The image link on TMB got changed, but I see the menu did not. I will fix that and also redo the redirect.
Happily married for 36 years and living the good life near two of our grandsons!

Marriage and Sex Educator & Blogger
The Generous HusbandThe XY Code

Return to “Rules, How To's and FAQ's”